floating avocados

by simstr0ng

Original Post

Accepted Solution

floating avocados

★ Apprentice

Sims 4 - I have a house in Sulani I have played - come back to - and remodeled. Somehow I have 2 avocados floating in the air outside. I can click on an avocado and have a Sim eat it - but it stays there in the air. Perhaps I had an avocado tree there some time ago.

How do I delete the floating avocados?

Message 1 of 7 (1,731 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: floating avocados

Hero

@simstr0ng 

Glad I could help and you got it resolved.

I doubt they will come back.  Those types of things are usually one offs so you shouldn't see them again.

View in thread

Message 7 of 7 (1,530 Views)

All Replies

★ Guide

I have no cc or mods,it started after the june patch ruined the gardening. My households have.plants that are invisible and show fruit in the air,in the angle of 1st photo the dirt mound without garden pot is an invisible tree and makes my pomegranate look like its in the street as well attached to the other tree across the street. i noticed my spliced trees are the ones with this bug the most 

Message 2 of 7 (1,670 Views)

★ Apprentice

Still have floating avocados. Tried the moveobjects cheat. Does not work or I am doing it wrong. Don't know

When I put the pointer on the avocado I get a message about "avocados are delicious vegetables"  but I can't "grab" or move or delete. I am in build mode.

Message 3 of 7 (1,631 Views)

★ Apprentice

I tried the "set as head"  and then debug to put the avocado on the ground - then in build sell the avocado - which works...except the avocado is still floating in the air. Tried this several times.

Message 4 of 7 (1,625 Views)

Hero

@simstr0ng 

Just to be sure, are the avocados floating in the air within the lot boundaries or outside of the lot?  From your last comment, I am assuming it is within the lot boundaries.  I am not surprised that the set as head didn't work as what gets put on the head when you use that cheat is a copy of the original object so the original stays where it was.

So, some things to try.  You've probably tried some of these but maybe not.  Never hurts to try again.

Have you tried using the build mode hammer tool?

Are the avocados from a spliced plant?  Did the plant drop back to a pile of dirt at any time?  If they are and the plant did drop to a pile, you might want to try deleting the spliced plant that includes them.  And if they are off of an avocado tree you planted, you could try deleting that as well.

If you can click on the floating avocado using debug, do you get the change gardening state option?  That should let you make it a full tree that you can grab and move.  But don't do that if it is off the lot as you may very well make the problem worse and be stuck with a tree that you can't get rid of.  You really need to be careful trying this.  I'd suggest you save before you try.

I had sort of the same thing with a clay blob floating in the air outside of one of my lots.  Also had it happen with one stuck in the water in Sulani.   I just kept having a sim try to grab it and it eventually worked and the sim got it into his inventory.  It took a while and multiple attempts but I did get it in the end.  So that's something you can try.

Finally, if you use mods, there is a mod by TwistedMexi that may work.  The T.O.O.L. mod.  I haven't ever used it but it does allow you to alter objects outside of the lot boundaries.  Someone else can probably give you more guidance on how it is used and how it works.  Sorry, can't post links here for mods but you should be able to google it.

Hope this helps.

Message 5 of 7 (1,593 Views)

★ Apprentice

@CGrant56 

Thanks for your response and ideas. I have no mods in my game.

The 2 avocados are floating near the edge of the lot - at different angles they appear out - perhaps I had a tree near the edge and the foliage overhung the edge. There are 2 avocados right at the edge.

I have not spliced an avocado.

When I use the build hammer on the avocado I get the message: "Avocado quality normal -$15 Avocados are delicious vegetables" etc.

The same message as when I click an avocado sprout (but the sprout has a color scale)

If I click on the avocado with the build mode hammer I get "there is nothing to delete"

Using testing cheats - bb.showhiddenobjects - debug - doesn't change what I get with the pointer or the hammer

I came back to a house to remodel and wiped out trees and such to expand the house. I think that was the source of the problem.

In live mode my Sim can grab an avocado and "eat avocado". To grab one avocado the Sim steps outside the lot...for the other he can grab inside the lot. The Sim eats an avocado but both the floating avocados remain.

As per your suggestion I had the Sim do that again and again - and finally it worked. The avocados were no longer there.

If the avocados come back  I am going to put an avocado sprout near the floating avocados and hope when it grows it will disguise the floating avocados...and keep looking for solutions.

But at this point you helped solve my problem and I appreciate your help.

Message 6 of 7 (1,553 Views)

Hero

@simstr0ng 

Glad I could help and you got it resolved.

I doubt they will come back.  Those types of things are usually one offs so you shouldn't see them again.

Message 7 of 7 (1,531 Views)