Re: [feedback] greeting a Sim with a kiss, when romance bar is in the red.

by PugLove888

Original Post

[feedback] greeting a Sim with a kiss, when romance bar is in the red.

★★ Expert

hi all. i was trying to do the "Basketcase" achievement and noticed this: two Sims who used to be "lovebirds" ended up as "awkward friends" after being a "bad match". now, every time they meet, one still greets the other by kissing them on the cheek. they used to do that with an almost full romance bar, but it's currently around 30% in the red.

Sims who are friends usually wave or hug. these two patched up their differences, and now have more than half of their friendship bar in the green. what do you think? does it make sense for the romantic interaction to override the friendly one? thank you. Standard smile

Message 1 of 4 (2,952 Views)

Champion

@unseenlarks, I think it seems to me that most people would think this is fine and normal behavior.  I, on the other hand, think it is odd. Wink  I never really understood people who used to be in relationships and then break up to remain friends.  I find that friendship is the foundation of a good romantic relationship and if either the romantic part or the friendship part is causing a breakup, then the other part is damaged as well.Devil  Most people in a romantic relationship break up with one or both parties hurt, which isn't a friendly move.  Furthermore, lets say someone in a relationship breaks up with their significant other because they like sports and the other doesn't; well, sports isn't a romantic activity ... it's one you usually enjoy with friends,  so why would they still be friends then?  Being "civil" to an ex is not the same thing as remaining friends. Raised eyebrow And in the case of your Sims, since they don't kiss their friends, even on the cheek as some countries do as a greeting, then why would they still do this if they aren't in a romantic relationship anymore, but are now just friends?Wondering  It doesn't make sense to me and sounds as if our Sims have some strange issues! LOL Large smile

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 4 (2,932 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

hi @PugLove888, i was so confused... until i realised that the title i used would be appropriate if i was filing a bug. my suggestion is just the opposite. *facepalm*

so i do agree with you, the friendship part would be damaged too--but i'd still rather see an awkward hug (a wave *would* be better, though) between former partners than a cute kiss on the cheek, as it is now. that's why i don't agree with the romantic interaction being favoured over the other one.

Message 3 of 4 (2,919 Views)

Champion

@unseenlarks, LOL  that's alright! Wink  Yeah, I think you are right in that a faded romance shouldn't override a friendship or acquaintance for greeting behavior!  Come to think about it, I would much rather give a quick kiss on the cheek (like they do in some parts of Europe) in greeting friends, than to give one to an Ex!  If I met up with some of my Exes, I would give some of them an earful, some of them a cordial handshake, and one of them a kick in the "nether regions"! LOL Large smileEmbarrassed:eahigh_file:

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 4 of 4 (2,842 Views)