Original Post

Accepted Solution

every sim can grow up from toddler to elder by blowing out birthday candles

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? v1.23
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? none, only the basic game.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? You have to have a birthday party and make a cake with candles. every sim that blows out the candles grows up. every sim can blow out the candles and multiple times.
What happens when the bug occurs? a sim can grow up from toddler to elder in an instant.
What do you expect to see? the normal case is when we the birthday sim blow out the candles and grow up once. he can do it multiple times but age up only once.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

In the first video, you can see that the sim is blowing out the candles and become an adult.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1HbpD5VPwvKWMgbWIEiWmO9Oe_2LyEfen

In the second video, you can see that the sim blows out the candles and become an alder.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1XqM1l3mrmZvgPQX4Sq6q86QO461FYdF_

Message 1 of 10 (1,349 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: every sim can grow up from toddler to elder by blowing out birthday candles

Hero
@hazanofari You can age up a Sim any time you choose to do so. It doesn't have to be their birthday. Sims 4 is different to Sims 3 in that aspect.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 5 of 10 (1,256 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I'm not sure I would consider this a bug.  Yes, multiple sims can blow out the candles and keep aging up for as long as you want them to.  Having multiple sims blow out the candles on the same cake works great for twins and triplets (better than in Sims 3 where I had to buy two separate cakes to age up my twins on the same day).

The question that I have is why would you have the same sim blow out the candles more than once unless you want them to skip a certain age and go directly to the next.  Which isn't a bug, it's a choice.  The solution would be to have the sim blow out the candles and then not do it again.

Now, there is the issue that you can have the birthday sim blow out the candles (which causes them to age up) and make a wish (which also makes them age up) which to me doesn't make sense since traditionally on birthdays, you make a wish and blow out the candles and only celebrate one birthday.  So not sure why Sims makes both of them an aging trigger.  

But again, you can choose how many times your sim blows out the candles.  Here's a tip, don't put more candles on the cake after your sim has blown them out.  That way you're not tempted to blow out the candles more than once.

Message 2 of 10 (1,305 Views)

Hero
@hazanofari This has always been the case. Moving this to General Discussion and Feedback.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 10 (1,279 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

@PenguinFoop to clarify, this case is true to every sim not only those who have a birthday.

I still think its a bug because if the sim doesn't have a birthday he is not supposed to grow up even though he blows out the candles.

Message 4 of 10 (1,268 Views)

Hero
@hazanofari You can age up a Sim any time you choose to do so. It doesn't have to be their birthday. Sims 4 is different to Sims 3 in that aspect.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 10 (1,257 Views)

★ Novice

@crinrict ok, thanks.

Message 6 of 10 (1,244 Views)

★ Guide

@hazanofari wrote:

@PenguinFoop to clarify, this case is true to every sim not only those who have a birthday.

I still think its a bug because if the sim doesn't have a birthday he is not supposed to grow up even though he blows out the candles.

I can see your point there.  Why be able to designate a sim as the birthday sim if anyone can blow out the candles?  That would be a problem if you accidentally select the wrong sim to blow out the candles.  

Maybe post another bug report that says something like "Any sim can blow out the candles; not just the birthday sim." That should make it more clear. 

I also wouldn't mention aging up multiple times since that's how it's supposed to work. 

Keep the focus on that single point about other sims being able to blow out the candles on the birthday sim's cake.

Message 7 of 10 (1,200 Views)

Hero
@PenguinFoop That has also been the case since the game came out and is I also wouldn't classify that as a bug. Feedback about is is fine which is why I moved it here to GD.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 10 (1,186 Views)

★ Guide

@crinrict wrote:
@PenguinFoopThat has also been the case since the game came out and is I also wouldn't classify that as a bug. Feedback about is is fine which is why I moved it here to GD.

I understand that in previous versions that's always been the case, however is that not the point of having the designated birthday sim if it's not to keep other sims from accidentally aging up?  That would seem buggy to me if that's the case.  Otherwise, what's the point of the designation?

Message 9 of 10 (1,167 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@PenguinFoop It has worked this way for over 5 years. I think if it was a major issue, it would have been brought up more a while ago.

Not saying that it might be better differently, I just wouldn't call it a bug at this point.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 10 (1,150 Views)