enable cheats sim 4 pc

by Momma2397

Original Post

Accepted Solution

enable cheats sim 4 pc

★★★ Newbie

kind of confused.... So are we able to use the ctrl, shift, c console in game or is it not allowed?? I've seen many opinions about it, I just want to make sure its allowed for sure. I found out about it from another player and being able to play sims 4 makes the experience a million times more enjoyable doing so.

Message 1 of 4 (683 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: enable cheats sim 4 pc

@Momma2397  Cheats are definitely allowed, and they've been built into the game for a reason.  Nobody is going to mind if you use cheats in your own game, or mods, or whatever you want..

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (674 Views)

All Replies

@Momma2397  Cheats are definitely allowed, and they've been built into the game for a reason.  Nobody is going to mind if you use cheats in your own game, or mods, or whatever you want..

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 4 (675 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you, the user agreement kind of got me all mixed up.

Feel free to add me if you'd like Standard smile

Message 3 of 4 (655 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

@Momma2397 This might be where some of the confusion comes from: The XBox One and PS4 versions of Sims 4 have something called Achievements where if you complete certain tasks or goals you earn Achievement Trophies and points. If you use cheats then the Achievements are locked out, so you will have to give up earning Achievements and Trophies if you activate cheats. I think there are one or two cheats that are allowed (I'm not 100% sure on this because I play on PC) but they are for building only and don't affect game-play. Anyhow, the PC/Mac version of Sims 4 does not have the Achievement system so there are no restrictions like this on using cheats if you are on PC.

There are quite a few unofficial "Challenges" for Sims 4 that players have created to add a new way of playing the game. Each of the challenges has a set of rules and I think for the most part cheats and mods are not allowed because they would make the completing the challenges too easy. None of this would really stop you from using cheats if that's your choice, the challenges are just for fun. Here is a link to some of the most popular challenges that players are doing if you are interested in learning more:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/906643/sims-4-challenge-list-updated-may-28-2020

Message 4 of 4 (643 Views)