Re: eco lifestyle

by spontaneouslyjo

Original Post

eco lifestyle

★ Novice

am I the only one missing wallpaper swatches from the eco lifestyle pack?

Message 1 of 7 (565 Views)

Champion

@spontaneouslyjo, do you not have any of the new swatches? Wondering  I have 2 flooring swatches and 8 wall swatches.  

Are you on a console or a PC/Mac?  If you are on a PC or a Mac, do you happen to play with Mods or Custom Content (CC)?Wondering  If you do play with Mods or CC some of them could be outdated.  You can do the following to test for this and to find any outdated Mods/CC so you can replace them with versions that are updated to work with the June 4th game patch and this EP. 
If you use Mods/CC then please do all of the following:

1) Move the Mods Folder to your desktop

2) Delete the  localthumbcache.package file in the game folder. (This is very important!) Raised eyebrow

3) Fix you game in Origin by logging in and go to Library, then right-click on The Sims 4 and choose the "Repair Game" option from the list.  Wait until Origin finishes repairing all your packs and not just the base game, unless you are on a Mac, then it will just repair the base game. 

4) Now, when you turn on your game again, it will create a new mods folder that will be empty.  Check to see if your game is now working without mods/CC.

5) Now you can try adding back items from your Mods folder one at a time checking your game each time to see which item is causing your game to not work properly.  If you have a lot of items, you can try the 50/50 Method. 

The CC creators will usually update the CC items and Mods after these updates, so when you find out which one is the culprit, you can get the updated version from whoever made that item of CC in the first place.  You should try these steps anytime you have problems in your game to rule out CC/Mods problems.  It is the responsibility of the Mods/CC creators to update their items anytime EA releases a patch/update, and it is the responsibility of the people who use Mods/CC to make sure they are using the most recent version. 

It is also possible that something else might be causing your missing floors and walls.  But we have to rule out any CC and Mods conflicts first! Standard smile

Please update us on your situation! Angel

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 7 (517 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@PugLove888 I have some CC and mods and am too lazy to remove them, but in the default Maker Space in Port Promise has this yellow metal wallpaper that looks the same as the new "Corrugated metal sheet" roof yellow swatch, but when I get it via the eye-dropper, it says "sheetStandingSeem01GEN placeholder" and picking it allows me to place that wallpaper on other walls, but the wallpaper does not appear in the normal list of wallpapers. Honestly, I would be very happy if it existed as a usable wallpaper with the same swatches as the "Corrugated metal sheet"
Message 3 of 7 (484 Views)

Champion

@virtuosummer, I understand being too lazy to do upkeep on Mods and CC, which is why I haven't used them since TS3! EmbarrassedLarge smile Mods and CC aren't' for everyone, and if you really want to continue using them, you really need to do the upkeep involved, as sooner or later you will have problems in your game! Devil  And if you already have some problems, they will increase over time as more patches are released (as well as new packs!).  Disappointed

The patches released for the game on June 3 and 4 had extensive overhauls of several game systems, including the categorization of wall papers and flooring (for eco friendly, industrial, and flammable capabilities) as well as an inventory overhaul. Even if your problem isn't caused by outdated Mods or CC this time, in the future there will be other patches and you will need to get the updated versions of all your Mods and CC in order for them not to cause problems in your game!  I've seen too many games messed up by outdated CC and Mods! ShockedDevil
Another important step is to regularly delete your localthumbcache package.file, as this will help remove unneeded and even corrupted bits left behind in your game. Raised eyebrow  I only say this because I want you to get the most out of your game and prevent problems that can be solved! Heart  

This is why I don't play with Mods/CC anymore... I'm too lazy to do maintenance on all the CC items and Mods I know I would accumulate if I allowed myself to use them again! OopsAngel  

However, I don't think Mods or CC are your problem here, thanks to your detailed instructions on how to find what you were seeing in your game! Standard smile  I went to the Port Promise community lot and clicked on the Maker Space preview and tried the eyedropper as well on the walls... and got the same tag.  I also do not have that wall swatch in my game either!  (So this isn't a Mods or CC problem).  

There could be a few reasons for the swatch both being called this and not appearing in your Build/Buy Swatches Wondering....1) it could be a bug; 2) it is possible that this is a swatch that is unlockable through one of the new careers when you level up your Sim.  I tried all the cheats to unlock hidden items that are either unlocked through gameplay or that are found in Debug, but couldn't unlock anymore wall textures.  However, I do know that at least with some CAS items that are unlocked by leveling up in certain careers (those in City Living, as well as the Stylist/Style Influencer careers there are some items that won't show up even with these cheats! While this doesn't usually happen to Buy/Build Mode career items, it is possible that these are different.  I haven't played that far into the pack yet, nor have I heard anything about if walls textures can be unlocked through career gameplay or not with this pack. Thinking
And you are right in that the wall texture matches the new roof texture perfectly! 

The good news is that you are not missing any wall swatches that at least some others aren't missing as well.  The bad news is that we don't know if this is a bug or if it is intentional.  Disappointed

I have checked the Compiled List of Reported Issues in the Bug Reports section here on AHQ, but have not found any with wall textures, or their tags. Therefore, you should probably make a Bug Report on the subject to get the ball rolling.  (If you give me the link to it once you create it, I will "Me Too" it and add my findings to it as well.Standard smile  Here is the link: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs

But please do upkeep on your Mods and CC! Angel

Message 4 of 7 (456 Views)

★ Novice

I took out all my cc, repaired game, and I'm still missing the green footprint shipping container wallpaper. I confused because I have the roof swatch just not the wallpaper swatch 

Message 5 of 7 (424 Views)

Champion

@spontaneouslyjo, I'm sorry that my above post was so long that you missed what I said in the 2nd half of it. Frown  I was saying that even though it is very important to upkeep your Mods and CC, I didn't think this was your problem because I have the same issue that you do with the wall texture not being found and the tag on it when you hover the eyedropper over it says the same as yours.  

Here is what I wrote above , so you don't have to wade through my long post ! Angel

"However, I don't think Mods or CC are your problem here, thanks to your detailed instructions on how to find what you were seeing in your game! Standard smile  I went to the Port Promise community lot and clicked on the Maker Space preview and tried the eyedropper as well on the walls... and got the same tag.  I also do not have that wall swatch in my game either!  (So this isn't a Mods or CC problem).  

There could be a few reasons for the swatch both being called this and not appearing in your Build/Buy Swatches Wondering....1) it could be a bug; 2) it is possible that this is a swatch that is unlockable through one of the new careers when you level up your Sim.  I tried all the cheats to unlock hidden items that are either unlocked through gameplay or that are found in Debug, but couldn't unlock anymore wall textures.  However, I do know that at least with some CAS items that are unlocked by leveling up in certain careers (those in City Living, as well as the Stylist/Style Influencer careers there are some items that won't show up even with these cheats! While this doesn't usually happen to Buy/Build Mode career items, it is possible that these are different.  I haven't played that far into the pack yet, nor have I heard anything about if walls textures can be unlocked through career gameplay or not with this pack. Thinking
And you are right in that the wall texture matches the new roof texture perfectly! 

The good news is that you are not missing any wall swatches that at least some others aren't missing as well.  The bad news is that we don't know if this is a bug or if it is intentional.  Disappointed

I have checked the Compiled List of Reported Issues in the Bug Reports section here on AHQ, but have not found any with wall textures, or their tags. Therefore, you should probably make a Bug Report on the subject to get the ball rolling.  (If you give me the link to it once you create it, I will "Me Too" it and add my findings to it as well.Standard smile  Here is the link: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs "

So, as you see, this might be a bug or it might be intentional! We don't know yet.  I have the roof swatch but not the wall swatch in my swatch list just like you do, so it is not a Mods/CC conflict. If this is intentional then it probably won't get fixed because it is how they planned it.  But if it is a bug there is a chance it could be fixed! Fingers crossed

Message 6 of 7 (399 Views)