download The Sims 4 without downloading Origin

by patscatfreckles

Original Post

Accepted Solution

download The Sims 4 without downloading Origin

★★★★ Novice

I own Sims 4.  How do I download my game without downloading origin?

Message 1 of 6 (42,535 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: download The Sims 4 without downloading Origin

Hero

Hi @patscatfreckles

you need Origin in order to play the game. There's no legal way around it.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (43,528 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Hi @patscatfreckles

you need Origin in order to play the game. There's no legal way around it.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (43,529 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

You really do have to download it to use it legally. It stinks too. I was very angry when I realized this problem. I am not angry with EA necessarily, though by all means they are in-part responsible, but I am angry at the idea that just because there is a popular game, users can be treated however they please. EA is not alone in this. I'm reminded about Microsoft and its Internet Explorer. Users begged pleaded and cried over Microsoft's deaf ears on feature requests and restrictions. I personally emailed them (yes, this was back when email addresses were the only way to contact folks, forms were seldom, if ever, used) and warned them that someday, another browser will come out and even another operating system, that will ruin their dollar signs in their eyes. Netscape was a joke, but Firefox wasn't.. then there was Chrome... and in the meantime, out came Ubuntu. 

I'm really surprised that there is not a competing Sims-ish game out there. In the beginning, Sims was much more friendly but here lately, not so much. There are so many limitations. It's like they have concluded that we can get mods anyway, so why bother designing them? There is evidence that this is true, by making it easier to install mods... but I digress. 

Origin really isn't all that bad, but it does use a lot of resources when it's open in the background. Even to run Sims you have to use Origin. 

Message 3 of 6 (42,417 Views)

★★★ Newbie
yea how do you
Message 4 of 6 (41,575 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It wont let me download origin

Message 5 of 6 (29,485 Views)

Community Manager
Hi @panicatthedisc09,

Origin has undergone a number of patches and changes since 2015 so the factors that might have resulted in issues back then wouldn't be the same as now. The information in this thread may not apply as a result. Could you open a new current thread on this and add any additional information you feel is relevant to there please? e.g. When this started? What you see when you go to download Origin? What troubleshooting steps have you tried?

I'll close this thread in the meantime.

Thanks,

EA_Lanna
Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 6 of 6 (29,456 Views)