do settings change other game-saves?

by 107531kop

Original Post

Accepted Solution

do settings change other game-saves?

★★★★★ Apprentice

hiya... I was wondering, if I have set certain settings (like turn off aging and such) in one game save and then start a new game save with aging turned on, does that change the setting in the other game save and cause the turned-off to switch automatically on and start aging my sims?

And another question regarding building stuff. I've seen a lot of YouTubers rotate objects just a tiny bit (instead of snapping to the 8 rotation points on the compass), how do I rotate objects just that tiny bit and not have it snap to one of the 8 points on the grid?

Message 1 of 5 (2,112 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: do settings change other game-saves?

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@107531kop 
To verify my answer I went into my game to test. Holding down the alt key you can move and or rotate any item in build mode even to the smallest degree.
Edit to add: I was reminded that you may need to use 'The Sims 3 Camera' mode for this to work.
Go to game options - game camera - tic The Sims 3 Camera and save.

- EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA
All packs installed and patches are current.
PC / Win 10
Never used CC or mods.

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (2,070 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@107531kop  Settings like aging are applied to each individual save game. I usually play with aging on but do have some families/saves where I prefer to play with aging off.  As long as those (aging vs non-aging) are in two different saved games I am good to go. In any case it is always a good habit to double check when you go back to play.

The 'trick' with moving things in build is accomplished by holding down the alt key. This allow you to avoid the 'snap to grid' action and move things without having to use MOO (MoveObjectsOn).

- EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA
PC / Win 10
Never used CC or mods.

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
Message 2 of 5 (2,099 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@EuphorialQueen I know about the alt trick to move stuff around and place things a lot closer together (and place more stuff on a counter for example than the grid points they usually have)… but does that really work in rotating stuff just a couple degrees instead of the fixed along-the-grid & angled-to-the-grid points??? for example: I want to turn a table only 10 degrees instead of 45 degrees/90 degrees turns that a fixed to the grid, would the just the alt key work? because now I rotate objects with the right mouse button, and I have tried doing that combined with the alt key like you said, but it keeps rotating according to the fixed points instead of those 10 degrees that I want it to turn
Message 3 of 5 (2,090 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@107531kop 
To verify my answer I went into my game to test. Holding down the alt key you can move and or rotate any item in build mode even to the smallest degree.
Edit to add: I was reminded that you may need to use 'The Sims 3 Camera' mode for this to work.
Go to game options - game camera - tic The Sims 3 Camera and save.

- EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA
PC / Win 10
Never used CC or mods.

EQ Avid Sims Player
Message 4 of 5 (2,071 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@EuphorialQueen thanks for the camera-tip... I've never had The Sims 3 so I just always ignored that option, because I didn't know it could be useful! I'll be using it from now on!
Message 5 of 5 (2,041 Views)