Re: deaf sims

by jpkarlsen

Original Post

deaf sims

★★★ Newbie

Hello, is there any way to create a deaf sim? This is important to me, personally.

Message 1 of 6 (2,122 Views)

★★ Pro

Hi @aki232367 

Have checked about for a mod for this a bit just now, to no avail all I could suggest is joining up at some 'modding places', getting a bit chatty and requesting a mod maker to make it; if it's very important. There is 'Mod the Sims, also Sims 4 Studio' - 2 of the most popular places to start with.

Hope this helps,

Sasha

nb: If this solves your question, please mark the reply as having been the solution, so as to help others with a similar problem in the future. Standard smile
I have no connection to EA

Message 2 of 6 (2,094 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Unfortunately this would be very hard to implement in a meaningful way and it could not be done by a Mod. The reason is that game dynamics would need to be rewritten to implement some sort of sign language and how would you distinguish it from the signs they already make when say telling a joke or other things. While I feel for the deaf I see no meaningful way to implement this in The Sims.  

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 3 of 6 (2,088 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I don’t understand your statement or question rather, you’d distinguish it the exact same was you do in life. The original sims game could be modified to not involve so much hand movements among the crowd that’s not deaf. I personally would like to see some common disabilities put into the game; it would make it a lot more realistic.

Wheel-chair bound characters, deaf characters, blind characters, midgets, etc. 

Message 4 of 6 (873 Views)

★★★ Guide

This may be a four year old topic, but its still valid.

I have a mute trait which creates an interesting gameplay between two mute sims or the mute sims and talking sims. No sign language but lots of hand gestures that doesnt really break the immersion.

I dont see a reason why it would be difficult to create a few new hand gestures and disable talking via a trait.

Message 5 of 6 (862 Views)

Community Manager

Hi everyone, 

Since this is an older thread that's been inactive for a few years I am going to lock it to prevent necro-posting. 

If you have some feedback or need help with something please feel free to create a new thread, and we can take a look. 

Thanks! 

Kent.png
Message 6 of 6 (834 Views)