by ajpenano

Original Post

change facial hair per outfit

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.62.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have all expansion packs, game packs and stuff packs as of April 19, 2020.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to CAS and try giving facial hair per sim outfit.
What happens when the bug occurs? When I set a facial hair for the Everyday outfit, for example, when I click on the other outfits, they now also have that facial hair and if I try to removed it for that outfit, it removes it for all the outfits.
What do you expect to see? If I cannot change the facial hair per outfit, you might as well just show the face of the sim while changing the facial hair instead of also showing the same facial hair selected in different outfits.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Message 1 of 13 (2,397 Views)

Re: change facial hair per outfit

Hero
@ajpenano Don't think that was ever different.

Have you been able to do that before ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 13 (2,378 Views)

★★★ Novice

It's actually my first time to try it. It's weird that CAS shows each type of outfit for only one chosen facial hair. The interface is there but you can only choose one facial hair.

Message 3 of 13 (2,376 Views)

Hero
@ajpenano It's the same with the hair color.

Technically, you don't have different facial hair for different outfits in RL either.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 13 (2,374 Views)

★★★ Novice

I was just trying to get some stubble though. Also, it would be useful if I'd like to dress up for some costume party.

Message 5 of 13 (2,362 Views)

Hero
@ajpenano It's not a bug though so moving this to General Discussion as feedback.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 13 (2,355 Views)

Champion

@ajpenano, I agree that this would be nice! Standard smile Some men can grow facial hair quickly so this isn't that far fetched. I've always thought that this should be available in the game! Standard smile

As for different hairstyles with different outfits, that might not be possible in real life for people with really short hair, but for those with medium length hair or long hair we do it all the time in real life !  (In high school I often only wore certain outfits with certain hairstyles! Heart )  In the game though, I try to stick with hair length that makes sense, so as not to jump from a really short style to a really long style, although technically you can just pretend that your Sim has a wig and then use any style you want! Large smileWink

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 7 of 13 (2,250 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@PugLove888I'm actually trying to make a sim version of myself and I grow facial hair quickly. It's just frustrating that the interface to select a different facial hair for each hairstyle is already there but it does not allow you. Frown

Message 8 of 13 (2,234 Views)

Champion

@ajpenano, yes, it is like it is just taunting you! Disappointed
I'm hoping they will also add body hair to the game. Perhaps then they might consider allowing different facial hair for each outfit!  It only makes sense as many men might go around clean shaven in the day, only to wake up each morning with a lot of stubble!  And some even get stubble by the time they get off of work, hence the name "five O'clock shadow"! Wink

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 9 of 13 (2,220 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I just came across this issue today. I wanted to make a drag performer that has stubble during the day but clean face at night. Apparently we can’t do that, so he’s forced to be a bearded drag queen. We need to be able to change facial hair on each outfit like we can with hair and makeup. 

Message 10 of 13 (1,638 Views)