cc not working

by skydrea

Original Post

cc not working

★ Novice

Hello. So I haven't played Sims 4 in a week or so cause I was on vacation and now I just tried to play it and all of a sudden some of my CC isn't working, specifically my makeup stuff. I thought maybe it was because I went through and deleted some CC before I left and maybe it accidentally got caught in the mix but I looked and everything is still there. I looked already and it's not because of there being no storage on my Mac cause I still have 100+ GBs. I don't know what happened. Also the first few times I reopened the game I kept forgetting to turn on the mods because it had just updated and maybe something happened there? I'm not quite sure. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Message 1 of 4 (320 Views)

Re: cc not working

Champion

@skydrea Hello!  As you mentioned, there was an update yesterday.  You might want to check that you have the most updated versions of your CC.  It could be that they may have broken.  If you have the latest version and it's still not working, then you might want to try a repair in Origin.  I suggest closing the game and moving your CC to another folder.  You probably also want to delete the localthumbcache.package file located in the Documents / Electronic Arts / The Sims 4 folder.  Then right-click on the game in Origin and select repair; note this may take some time depending on how many packs you have.  When the repair is done, open the game to make sure it opens properly and to double check your game options that allow mods and CC.  Then close the game, move your CC back to the mods folder and open the game.  

Hope this helps!  Please come back and update if this worked or not.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Please help other players:
Add XP to posts you think are helpful.
Click Accept As Solution for posts that resolve your issue.
Happy Simming!

Message 2 of 4 (271 Views)

★ Novice

Thank you for your help. Somehow it was like the CC wasn't loaded when I first opened the game?? I opened it again a few hours later and all my CC was back. I didn't do anything to fix it so I'm not quite sure how that happened but it's all fixed now! Thank you again!

Message 3 of 4 (244 Views)

Champion

@skydrea That's good news!  Maybe it was just a hiccup when it was loading then.  Glad you got your CC back. :-)

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Please help other players:
Add XP to posts you think are helpful.
Click Accept As Solution for posts that resolve your issue.
Happy Simming!

Message 4 of 4 (233 Views)