Re: cc not showing up ??

by edgarvaldenpee

Original Post

Accepted Solution

cc not showing up ??

★★★ Newbie

so a few months after i found out i could use custom content for the sims 4, i was really enjoying it. but one day, i deleted the sims 4 (for whatever reason i cant remember). i recently redownloaded it, and the cc i had when i first found them i still had, but when i go into the mods folder, there is no cc. and when i try to download some new ones, they dont appear in game, they just sit in the folder. did something happen to the original mods folder? i tried to repair the game and update it, but nothing seems to be working. sorry for any trouble, but im getting tired of spending hours trying to get this to work, and nothing seems to help. Frown

Message 1 of 5 (387 Views)

Accepted Solution

@edgarvaldenpee  Yes, that's exactly what I meant, and it makes the issue clear.  This Mods folder is on the desktop, where the game can't read it.  Your mods need to go into Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 > Mods, nowhere else.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (326 Views)

All Replies

@edgarvaldenpee  Please post the file path to the mods you've added that aren't showing up.  In Windows, you can see the file path above the list of files and folders; in macOS, right-click and select Get Info, then copy and paste the info under "Where."

Message 2 of 5 (366 Views)

★★★ Newbie

is this what you mean? sorry, i dont fully understand what you said

mods.png

Message 3 of 5 (339 Views)

@edgarvaldenpee  Yes, that's exactly what I meant, and it makes the issue clear.  This Mods folder is on the desktop, where the game can't read it.  Your mods need to go into Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 > Mods, nowhere else.

Message 4 of 5 (327 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i see now, thank you so much!

Message 5 of 5 (302 Views)