cc and mods not showing up disp

by Amall_x

Original Post

cc and mods not showing up disp

★★★ Novice

CC AND MODS NOT SHOWING UP EVEN THOUGH I HAVE DONE EVERYTHING!!!! I AM NOT TOO SURE WHAT MESHES ARE AND HOW THEY WORK COULD THIS BE A PART OF THE PROBLEM?

HELPPPPPP!!!!!Devil IVE BEEN TRYING TO GET MODS AND CC'S FOR WEEKS!

Message 1 of 12 (778 Views)

Re: cc and mods not showing up disp

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Amall_x, it is against the rules of this site to post in all caps because it is like shouting at everybody who reads your post.Disappointed  If you want to emphasize certain parts of your text you can use the Bold, Italics, and Underline formatting buttons in the left portion of the black bar at the top of where you type' they are the B, I, and U buttons! Angel

A mesh is like the framework for an item.  If you want help on installing or using your Mods and CC, then it is probably best to go to where you got them from! Wink The creators of Mods and CC should be more than happy to help you with their products!  Standard smile Many CC and Mods sites have troubleshooting tips as well, and you can always try contacting the creators. 

Keep in mind that Mods and Custom Content must be used with care.:Raised eyebrow  You will need to do regular upkeep to make sure they are running properly in your game.  This is especially true when EA updates TS4 with a patch, as some Mods and CC will become outdated.Disappointed  Good Mods and CC creators will try to update their items to work with any changes to the game that EA makes as soon as possible, so you should be able to get versions that work with any new patches soon after the patches are released.  But if you have a lot of CC, it can be very difficult to sort out which items need to be updated!Devil  The more Mods or CC items you have, the more tedious the process will be.  However, I will give you the procedure for figuring out which Mod or CC item is the culprit:

Please do all of the following:

1) Move the Mods Folder to your desktop

2) Delete the  localthumbcache.package file in the game folder.  This is very important! 

3) Fix you game in Origin by logging in and go to Library, then right-click on The Sims 4 and choose the "Repair Game" option from the list.  Wait until Origin finishes repairing all your packs and not just the base game.

4) Now, when you turn on your game again, it will create a new mods folder that will be empty.  Check to see if your game is now working without mods/CC.

5) Now you can try adding back items from your Mods folder one at a time checking your game each time to see which item is causing your game to not work properly.  If you have a lot of items, you can try the 50/50 Method. 

The CC creators will usually update the CC items and Mods after these updates, so when you find out which one is the culprit, you can get the updated version from whoever made that item of CC in the first place.  You should try these steps any time you have problems in your game to rule out CC/Mods problems.  It is the responsibility of the Mods/CC creators to update their items anytime EA releases a patch/update, and it is the responsibility of the people who use Mods/CC to make sure they are using the most recent version. Angel  

You will need to get rid of the outdated version of any Mod or CC that you use and only use a version that works with the most recently updated version of TS4.  Raised eyebrow

I used to use CC and Mods in other versions of the game, but had to stop because of the problems they caused in my game Disappointed , and the fact that I was too lazy to to do all the upkeep that is required! EmbarrassedLarge smile (I had a ton of CC, so that was the main reason! Oops ).  So I removed all of them in TS3 and never used them in TS4.  If you are like me and don't feel up to doing the maintenance needed for using CC and Mods, then you might be better off without them.  But, if you are the type of person that doesn't mind doing regular maintance, then you can have a lot of fun with CC and Mods! Standard smile

Happy Simming! Party hat

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 12 (725 Views)

★★★ Novice

Apologies for shouting Standard smile 

Sorry i don't think i explained my problem with the sims 4 properly.

When i try to download any mods or ccs it doesn't come up on the game. i currently have no mods/ccs in my game and when i try to download any it simply doesnt show up in the game. I am really confused as to what to do and how to fix it. if you could help i would really appreciate it! 

Thank you Standard smile

Message 3 of 12 (682 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

@Amall_x Are you certain that you have placed them in the proper folder? All CC and mod .package files must be placed in your Sims 4/ Mods folder for them to work in your game. Also make sure you have unzipped or unpacked all downloads them before you place them. The file location should look something like this:

Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 > Mods

Also make sure you have CC and mods enabled in your Game Options under the Other tab. You'll have to check the box for Enable Custom Content and Mods. If you are using script mods (i.e. any mod that contains a .ts4script file) you'll also have to check the box for Script Mods Allowed.

script mods.JPG

Here's a link to a great site on Custom Content and Mods Basics with more details on different types of mods, general installation instructions, and mod maintenance and troubleshooting tips:

https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2014/08/custom-content-and-mods/

Please let us know if any of this has helped and if not we'll go from there.

Good luck :D

Message 4 of 12 (659 Views)

resource.cfg file not in mods folder

★★★ Novice

I have repaired the game and it is still not showing up ive also downloaded the file and put it in the mods folder and the mods and ccs i download still dont show up. help pleaaaaaseeeeeee Standard smile 

Message 5 of 12 (670 Views)

Re: resource.cfg file not in mods folder

@Amall_x  Please go into Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4, and move the Mods folder to your desktop.  In that same Sims 4 folder, delete options.ini.  (You'll need to reset your options later.)

Load the game, and enable custom content and script mods, then quit.  A new Mods folder should have spawned, with a fresh resource.cfg inside.  Move the mods you want to use to the new Mods folder, load the game, and see whether they work.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 6 of 12 (641 Views)

★★★ Novice

hi,

i have done what you suggested and a new mods folder hasnt generated. I am so confused as to why its not working

Thank you 

Message 7 of 12 (608 Views)

★★★ Novice

forgot to mention i am using a mac

thank you Standard smile

Message 8 of 12 (600 Views)

@Amall_x  Please move your entire Sims 4 user data folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop.  Launch the game to create a new folder, enable mods and custom content, quit, and see whether you have a Mods folder with a resource.cfg inside.  If you do, you can move your mods to that folder, but please test to make sure they're working in game.  If they are, you can move the rest of your content to the new folder as well.  Saves are in the saves folder, and saved households and builds are in Tray.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 9 of 12 (557 Views)

★★★ Novice

When i do that is doesnt regenerate a new folder nothing happens so what could i do ?

Message 10 of 12 (519 Views)