Re: cant move grid can someone please help

by RandomBuzziness

Original Post

cant move grid can someone please help

★★★ Apprentice

i cant move the grid of a lot! please help!!! i really want to move a waterfront lot but i cant! ):08-20-20_9-13-25 AM.png

Message 1 of 7 (509 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

@FiretheSky As far as I know it's not possible to move the lot grids in Sims 4. You can build your house/structure anywhere inside the existing grid and there is a mod that allows you to edit outside the grid, but that's about it.

Message 2 of 7 (500 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

THEN WHY DID THEY PUT "MOVE LOT" AS AN OPTION????? ):<

Message 3 of 7 (484 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

AND my mods folder is corrupted!

Message 4 of 7 (483 Views)

Champion
@FiretheSky In this case 'move lot means, that you can turn it or place it a bit more to one of the sides of the boundaries of the grid.
Just give it a try.
Have fun playing. 😉

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Let op:
ik ben een vrijwilliger - ik werk dus niet voor EA. / Klik op "Ik ook" - Als je hetzelfde probleem hebt
Geef XP – Voor nuttige opmerkingen (help anderen vooruit) en markeer de oplossing - Als een antwoord jou heeft geholpen.

Message 5 of 7 (481 Views)

Champion
@FiretheSky Can you please elaborate on what you mean by 'my mods folder is corrupted'? Do you mean that the folder is no longer there or do you have a problem with some or all of the content? Are your mods not working properly?
So please explain a little more.
Thanks in advance.

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Let op:
ik ben een vrijwilliger - ik werk dus niet voor EA. / Klik op "Ik ook" - Als je hetzelfde probleem hebt
Geef XP – Voor nuttige opmerkingen (help anderen vooruit) en markeer de oplossing - Als een antwoord jou heeft geholpen.

Message 6 of 7 (473 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

@FiretheSky Yeah the "Move Lot" option allows you to move all objects on the lot to a different position within the existing grid. So if you have a house + landscaping (including all plants, rocks, and terrain paint) on a lot and you wish to move everything a few spaces to the right, then you would use the "Move Lot" option. If you want to move only the house and leave all landscaping objects where they are, then you would use the "Move House" option instead.

move lot.JPG

It's not like the World Edit function from Sims 3 where you could create all new lots on the map.

Message 7 of 7 (438 Views)