Re: can’t do anything in sims 4 after patch update June 2020

by Taryn123456

Original Post

can’t do anything in sims 4 after patch update June 2020

★★★★★ Novice

So basically after the June patch update my game is really messed up , when I’m in the main menu everything is fine but it’s when I open the gallery It’s literally just a blank screen with a whole bunch of Xs like I can’t click on anything in the gallery then when I close the gallery I can’t even go back into it , then in game it’s completely messed up when I go into build mode and close out of it the game doesn’t even let me do anything after that , and I even took out all my mods and still nothing is working 

Message 1 of 11 (1,126 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I attached a file of what my game looks like 

Message 2 of 11 (1,118 Views)

Champion

@Taryn123456, while there could be multiple reasons for what is happening in your game, we always find it best to rule out any outdated Mods or Custom Content (CC).  The problem is that sometimes removing your Mods isn't enough because sometimes bits of corrupted data can remain. Disappointed Therefore it is best to do a little maintenance to see if that helps.  And while we are doing that , we can also check to see if any Mods/CC are causing your problem, and if so, which one or ones are the cause. Standard smile

So, please try all of the following steps :

1) Move the Mods Folder to your desktop

2) Delete the  localthumbcache.package file in the game folder. (This is very important!) Raised eyebrow

3) Fix you game in Origin by logging in and go to Library, then right-click on The Sims 4 and choose the "Repair Game" option from the list.  Wait until Origin finishes repairing all your packs and not just the base game.

4) Now, when you turn on your game again, it will create a new mods folder that will be empty.  Check to see if your game is now working without mods/CC.

5) Now you can try adding back items from your Mods folder one at a time checking your game each time to see which item is causing your game to not work properly.  If you have a lot of items, you can try the 50/50 Method. 

The CC creators will usually update the CC items and Mods after these updates, so when you find out which one is the culprit, you can get the updated version from whoever made that item of CC in the first place.  You should try these steps anytime you have problems in your game to rule out CC/Mods problems.  It is the responsibility of the Mods/CC creators to update their items anytime EA releases a patch/update, and it is the responsibility of the people who use Mods/CC to make sure they are using the most recent version,

So, if you find a Mod to be the culprit of your problems then you will have to get the updated version of the mod from whoever made it. The good news is that most Mod makers and CC creators try to put out updated versions of their products as soon as possible.  Just make sure that the Mod or CC item is compatible with the June 4th update, and replace the outdated Mod or CC item with the updated ones. ( If the creators haven't updated your Mod or CC item in a while you might have to remove it.) This is good practice to do after every patch to maintain your Mods, CC, and game.  

Now if the above steps still don't work, then there is something else wrong.  But we have to rule out conflicting Mods and CC items first so we can figure out where to go from there! Wink

Please update us on how this works out! Angel

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 3 of 11 (1,104 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Check if you have an outdated UI Cheats mod.

Message 4 of 11 (1,049 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@PugLove888 I’ve taken out all my mods and I already tried to reset my sims 4 folder and I deleted all the cache files but still nothing
Message 5 of 11 (1,011 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@SennaWales I’ve updated the UI cheats mod but that still didn’t help so I took out all my mods and still nothing
Message 6 of 11 (1,010 Views)

@Taryn123456  Please move your entire Sims 4 user data folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop.  Clear Origin's cache:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

restart your computer, and run another repair.  Then launch the game, which will create a new user data folder.  Don't add anything to it; just start a new save and check whether the issues are still present.  Let me know either way.

By the way, you shouldn't have any saves, mods, etc. available in-game when you do this.  (It's all intact in the folder you moved, but the game can't read it.)  If you do see saves or mods, that means you moved a different folder than the game is using.  The easiest way to find that folder, if you do have an active save, is to click Load Game and hover over the folder icon underneath a save name.  That will show the file path to the saves, and therefore to the folder the saves are in; you'll likely have mods here too.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 7 of 11 (920 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict Unfortunately that didn’t work either
Message 8 of 11 (869 Views)

@Taryn123456  When you open the game now, do your saves, mods, etc. show up?  I'm wondering if the Sims 4 folder you moved is not the one the game is using, or if you just moved a duplicate.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 9 of 11 (814 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict I did allow the game to create a new “sims 4” folder
Message 10 of 11 (766 Views)