Re: can't cure sick pets - is there a cheat?

by Maxhateer0412

Original Post

can't cure sick pets - is there a cheat?

★★ Novice

I opened the game today and one families cat is sick so I took it to vet but the check in machine wont let me click any of the options (they are all greyed out). I also can't give my pet vet treats either (and they don't stay in my inventory when i leave the vet lot).

I have tried debugging the pet, the sim and the vet check in, nothing. I emptied my mods folder and repaired my game - did nothing. My game is up to date.

I had a sick pet in another household a few days ago and that was no problem, there hasn't been an update or anything since then.

I'll post a bug report but until then is there a cheat to cure pets?

Message 1 of 14 (8,707 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@spiderrwoman 

Please bear with me since you said that you already tried emptying the mods folder... could you try a repair along with removing the cache (as follows) in the following manner to make sure that every part of this process is covered again in the proper order, as that may make a difference...

• Exit your game then exit Origin. Copy the Mods folder from your 'The Sims 4' folder onto your desktop (for future reference) then delete the mods folder and the localthumbnailcache.package file in your 'The Sims 4' folder. (When you restart the game will re-create the Mods folder if you deleted it.)
  • Then run a game repair [ Open Origin, click 'Game Library' then right-click Sims 4 > Repair Game ]. Make sure to let it run until it has completed all repairs (it will do the base-game first, then run through each of your expansions/packs). After that, please see if the issue has stopped.

If this fixes the issue I would recommend that you check with the Mod and CC creators to see if there are any known issues with their Mod/CC clashing with the recent update and if so do they have an updated Mod/CC that will address the changes in the game's code from the update. You can then re-add your updated Mods/CC one at a time to see if one was conflicting with the function/causing the glitch - but do not re-add the old config file from the old mods folder, as it is possible for it to have become corrupted also.

After you have completed the entire process above, if the issue issue remains, other options include...

• Did you try rolling back to a previous save?
    https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2014/09/save-games/ 
    If you do that you can re-do the whole repair/remove mods/delete cache thing again if the problem is there or re-appears, but since you are having so much trouble with the pets this may be a good idea.
  • Place them into a new game save: You can try uploading the household into your game library and begin a new save game and place them into that game. You can get the cat treated at the vet in that save then re-upload the household to the library and place them back into the old game save, if you are really committed to them being in that save and see if they play right then. Alternately you can just continue to play them in the new game save. (See article referenced above to learn more about this.)
SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 2 of 14 (8,695 Views)

★★ Novice

I tried repairing with mods before emptying my mods folder, still didn't work.

I opened a new game and added that family and it didn't work then either Frown

Message 3 of 14 (8,675 Views)

Champion

@spiderrwoman Can you please explain in more detail what you mean by "I tried repairing with mods before emptying my mods folder"? Also, did you try this again and in exactly the way I wrote above?

Message 4 of 14 (8,668 Views)

★★ Novice

I left my mods folder as it was then did the whole repair thing on origin like you wrote.

Then I tried deleting the folder and repairing the game through origin like you wrote

Message 5 of 14 (8,662 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@spiderrwoman In the directions it says to close your game,  copy your mods folder to your desktop for future reference (leave it and it's contents there), then to delete the Mods folder and the localthumbnailcache.package file that is in the "The Sims 4' folder. Then do the game repair, then restart your game. You need to do all of those things and do them in that order for the process to work correctly. Do not re-add the Mods from the desktop. I'm not sure from your description if you deleted the Mods folder form your The Sims 4 folder also in that process?

Message 6 of 14 (8,656 Views)

★★ Novice

Yeah that's what I did. When it didn't work I copied mods back over cause all my Sims were bald and naked. 

Anyway I figured it out. I moved this family from one save to another and in the process changed them about including aging down the cat back to kitten. I aged the cat back up and managed to cure her 

Message 7 of 14 (8,647 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@spiderrwoman Awesome! Yes, sometimes something within the lot, the sim, an item, etc. can just get glitched, so rolling back to an old save, moving into a new save, or even occasionally just exiting the lot &/or the game can jar/reset the glitch/bug. Unfortunately there are may possibilities, which can make the troubleshooting take longer. Sorry to do all of the clarifying about how you did the process of repair... sometimes someone skips something that is key not realizing it. I appreciate your patience, and am so glad you tried the move tom to a new game save and that part worked. What a relief! :eahigh_file:

I had a dog that I could not cure once and I was so upset. I think the dog and my sim nearly died trying so hard. My sim was a vet. I finally had her take the dog to a different pet hospital and they cured it right away. I found out later that a vet cannot cure their own animal at their clinic. Raised eyebrow

Message 8 of 14 (8,642 Views)

★★ Novice

I dont have any mods in my game or anything else would i be able to use this same idea just without the whole removing mods bit...it seems to be a issue with the game but i dont know how to do anything else that you listed..

Message 9 of 14 (5,475 Views)

★★ Novice

Anyway i think taking my pet to the vet straight up broke my game...i just watched my sim ball up and float around crazily and thrn glitch through the couch...and i have no clue what to do

Message 10 of 14 (5,471 Views)