How does transferring content between stores (Steam, Epic, EA app) work ?

by Doglover162s

Original Post

Accepted Solution

How does transferring content between stores (Steam, Epic, EA app) work ?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I have the sims 4 game on the ea store and i noticed that next week a expansion pack is going to be free on epic games store would i be able to download and use the expansion packs from epic to ea

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 45 (23,540 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can you purchase packs from both Epic and Steam?

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hey all, here are a few more details on how this works:

Please note: Cross platform DLC compatibility isn't officially supported at this time, so your mileage may vary. 

Epic and EA app:

• As long as your EA account and Epic account are linked together, you should have access your DLC owned from both Epic and the EA app.

Steam and Epic:

• If you are playing through Steam, you will not be able to access DLC owned through Epic.
  • If you play through Epic, you will not be able to access DLC owned through Steam. 

Steam and the EA app:

• If you purchase DLC through Steam, you will not be able to transfer your DLC to the EA app- you will need to use the base game version in Steam.
  • If your DLC is owned through the EA app, you should have access your DLC through Steam- you will need to own the base game through Steam and be sure your accounts are linked together

solaire.png

View in thread

Message 8 of 45 (23,364 Views)

All Replies

Re: can i transfer expansions between stores ( Pc)

Hero
@Doglover162s I don't know how it works for epic but it's probably similar to Steam.

On Steam you can mix and match with EA app (don't think you can mix and match Steam with epic) but you need to start the game through Steam in order for it to work,.

Since you say it's free, I would just try. Get the base game for free on epic, get the the pack for free, then start the game through epic and see if you have all your packs from the EA store as well.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 45 (23,464 Views)

Can you purchase packs from both Epic and Steam?

★ Novice

I've seen there's going to be a promotion of a free bundle on Epic soon. 

I use Epic for various games but my Sims packs were all purchased through Steam. Will I be able to access this free bundle from Epic, or will there be some sort of 'clash' between the two? 

Thanks!

Message 3 of 45 (23,459 Views)

Hero
@Aimstar87 I merged your post with another question like this (although that was EA/Epic). I doubt you can mix Steam and Epic but I don't know.

Forwarded this to the Community Managers to get a proper answer.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 45 (23,441 Views)

★ Novice

hello, can you acces the sims with the dlc from the ea app?? I use the ea app so i have no idea.

Message 5 of 45 (23,423 Views)

Hero
@TomElUnico You mean from Epic ? I'm also not 100% sure about that but see my answer above (Post #2)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 45 (23,411 Views)

★ Novice

i mean, if you buy a dlc for sims on steam or epic, does it appear in your ea app like a regular game would? for example if you buy fifa on steam you can open it throw the app, and it says acces via steam

Message 7 of 45 (23,409 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hey all, here are a few more details on how this works:

Please note: Cross platform DLC compatibility isn't officially supported at this time, so your mileage may vary. 

Epic and EA app:

• As long as your EA account and Epic account are linked together, you should have access your DLC owned from both Epic and the EA app.

Steam and Epic:

• If you are playing through Steam, you will not be able to access DLC owned through Epic.
  • If you play through Epic, you will not be able to access DLC owned through Steam. 

Steam and the EA app:

• If you purchase DLC through Steam, you will not be able to transfer your DLC to the EA app- you will need to use the base game version in Steam.
  • If your DLC is owned through the EA app, you should have access your DLC through Steam- you will need to own the base game through Steam and be sure your accounts are linked together

solaire.png

Message 8 of 45 (23,365 Views)

Sims 4 (Epic and EA)

★★ Novice

So I have some free DLC's for sims 4 through my EPIC games account and I was wondering if theres a way to get them onto my sims game which I already have bought and downloaded through origin/ea? Would I have to undownload the game through EA and then download it from epic in order to get those DLC's into the game?

Message 9 of 45 (23,185 Views)

EA & Epic Games Compatibility?

★ Novice

Hello! Recently I saw an advertisement/promotion that Epic Games is giving away a free DLC bundle for the Sims 4. I have the Sims 4 and several other DLCs installed through the EA App (previously Origin) on my PC. My question is, if I claim this free DLC bundle from Epic Games, is there any way to combine those packs with my current ones? Or will it function as two separate games; the one from EA and the one from Epic Games. 

Thanks in advance for the help!

Message 10 of 45 (22,450 Views)