can i redownload my sims4 on my new laptop?

by homerjayinUSA

Original Post

Accepted Solution

can i redownload my sims4 on my new laptop?

★★★★★ Newbie

I am buying a new laptop and I was wondering what all was involved in transferring my sims4 game to the new setup i will have. I have bought the game of course and many addons from the in game purchases. Will i still have access to all of this on my new rig?

Message 1 of 2 (2,257 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: can i redownload my sims4 on my new laptop?

The whole purpose of the Origin app, is to allow you to unlock games on one account and then access that account on any machine with the Origin app on it.  So you should download the Origin app to the new machine, then log into your account on the app and that should let you install every game unlocked on your account to your new machine.  EA loves this because they can sell games directly to players cutting out retailers, they cut out used game secondary market and for the most part get a anti-piracy unit all rolled into one mechanic.  Most players like it because it keeps all their games from EA available through one location and you don't have to keep up with CDs and their keys whenever you want to move or change machines.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (2,447 Views)

All Replies

Re: can i redownload my sims4 on my new laptop?

The whole purpose of the Origin app, is to allow you to unlock games on one account and then access that account on any machine with the Origin app on it.  So you should download the Origin app to the new machine, then log into your account on the app and that should let you install every game unlocked on your account to your new machine.  EA loves this because they can sell games directly to players cutting out retailers, they cut out used game secondary market and for the most part get a anti-piracy unit all rolled into one mechanic.  Most players like it because it keeps all their games from EA available through one location and you don't have to keep up with CDs and their keys whenever you want to move or change machines.

I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
Message 2 of 2 (2,448 Views)