Re: build buy mode doesn't show object CC

by Ellano5

Original Post

Accepted Solution

build buy mode doesn't show object CC

★★ Novice

Hi,

I installed some object CC in my sims 4 game, at starting the game it shows me the list of all mods installed. But when I go to build buy mode (in any of my savefiles) it will only show the 'better build buy mod'. I can search for items in the searchbar but the items will not be found.

I shared some photos of my mods folder and screenshots of the game. The options 'enable custom content and mods' and 'script mods allowed' are on so that's not the problem.

Thanks in advance for any help

Ellen

Message 1 of 10 (6,141 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

@Ellano5 Another helper just informed me that it's probably because you are using TwistedMexi's Better BuildBuy Mod. You'll have to adjust the settings in that mod (as @Bluebellflora already posted) or remove it. Then your other CC should work fine.

The image I attached in my last post was from my game (I don't use TwistedMexi's Better BuildBuy Mod). This image better illustrates what you would see with the mod.

cc tag in buy mode3.JPG

View in thread

Message 9 of 10 (6,048 Views)

All Replies

★★ Guide

Hi there!

Sometimes certain mods needs you to have certain stuff packs so they can show their CC. For example, if you install  a CC window, but the creator needed the University pack to create it, you will also need the University pack so it can show up. It will always show up in your mod list but not in your game if that's the case

Message 2 of 10 (6,105 Views)

★★★ Expert

@Ellano5 I'm not sure about all of those files but at least the Littledica files from MTS should be all new meshes, which means they should not require any specific Expansion pack.

From the image you attached it does appear that you have placed the folders in the correct location in your Mods folder. Did you download these directly from MTS? Also from the images I cannot see the contents of your folders-- has everything been extracted from the .rar files correctly? Are they all .package files in those folders?

Message 3 of 10 (6,098 Views)

★★ Novice
@RandomBuzziness I checked if I needed any certain packs and that was not the case, I also downloaded everything with the link given by creator's. I checked all files and they are all .package files
Message 4 of 10 (6,079 Views)

@Ellano5

TwistedMexi's Better BuildBuy Mod has very specific settings in order to function as intended. It adds more functionality to the filter system. Please read through the instructions on his site for better help.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 5 of 10 (6,071 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

@Ellano5 All of those items from Littledica are Buy mode items. Rather than looking for them with the search bar can you just try filtering your view by Custom Content?

cc tag in buy mode.JPG

Message 6 of 10 (6,069 Views)

★★ Novice
@RandomBuzziness I tried that, but nothing showed up...
Message 7 of 10 (6,060 Views)

@Ellano5

Have you read the instructions on how to use the Better BuildBuy Mod?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 8 of 10 (6,053 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

@Ellano5 Another helper just informed me that it's probably because you are using TwistedMexi's Better BuildBuy Mod. You'll have to adjust the settings in that mod (as @Bluebellflora already posted) or remove it. Then your other CC should work fine.

The image I attached in my last post was from my game (I don't use TwistedMexi's Better BuildBuy Mod). This image better illustrates what you would see with the mod.

cc tag in buy mode3.JPG

Message 9 of 10 (6,049 Views)

★★ Novice
@RandomBuzziness thank you so much, this solved my problem! Standard smile
Message 10 of 10 (6,043 Views)