by ShayofMauveShore

Original Post

Accepted Solution

basement

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.65.77.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get To Work, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Tiny Living, Moschino, Laundry Day, Toddler, Backyard, Holiday Celebration, Grim's Ghoulish Guitar
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Once going to basement level in build mode, try to draw a room. Error message appears.
What happens when the bug occurs? The wall tool may show as being inside the lot, but if you rotate the camera you'll see that it isn't. when trying to click inside the lot an error message pops up saying that room/wall can't be drawn outside the lot boundary.
What do you expect to see? I should be able to draw a room in the basement and keep getting message saying that room can't be drawn outside of the lot.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I have taken the mods out of the game and the issue persists.

Message 1 of 8 (623 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: basement

Hero

@ShayofMauveShore 

I tested this and it didn't happen for me.  I was able to draw walls on the basement level with both the wall and room tools with no problem or error message.  The only time I saw the message was when I moved the tool pointer outside of the lot boundary.  I do run on a PC though so it may be Mac specific but idk.

Are you able to get a basement drawn using the basement wall and room tool?  If you can, then that may have to be your workaround if the problem persists.

A couple questions though.  

Have you tried repairing the game?

Have you tried deleting the localthumbcache file?

Have you tried creating a new game (separate Sims 4 folder) and checking to see it happens in that save?  Might want to try it twice with and without mods\cc.

I hope this helps.

View in thread

Message 2 of 8 (596 Views)

All Replies

Hero

@ShayofMauveShore 

I tested this and it didn't happen for me.  I was able to draw walls on the basement level with both the wall and room tools with no problem or error message.  The only time I saw the message was when I moved the tool pointer outside of the lot boundary.  I do run on a PC though so it may be Mac specific but idk.

Are you able to get a basement drawn using the basement wall and room tool?  If you can, then that may have to be your workaround if the problem persists.

A couple questions though.  

Have you tried repairing the game?

Have you tried deleting the localthumbcache file?

Have you tried creating a new game (separate Sims 4 folder) and checking to see it happens in that save?  Might want to try it twice with and without mods\cc.

I hope this helps.

Message 2 of 8 (597 Views)

★★★ Novice
@CGrant56 I'll try your suggestions and hope they work
Message 3 of 8 (583 Views)

★★★ Novice
@CGrant56 I have a pool and, now, I can draw rooms off the base of the pool. This is still annoying, but at least it's something.
Message 4 of 8 (575 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

I tested this but could not replicate either. I do remember having the same issue when building though, but not which save it was in. The way I solved it was by going up a level, and then using the basement tool to draw a basement; instead of using the room tool on the basement level.

@ShayofMauveShore It helps if you post the exact error message. You can take a screen shot of the screen when it is appearing.

Message 5 of 8 (537 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@ShayofMauveShore  The first thing I noticed in your image was no grid lines. Leaving the grid lines on will allow you to make a basement room. Turning off rid lines will not allow you to draw or place a room below ground level.

Turning grid lines on or off is as simple as pressing the "G" on your keyboard.

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 6 of 8 (477 Views)

★★★ Novice
I tried but for some reason it wouldn’t let me take a screen shot
Message 7 of 8 (471 Views)

★★★ Novice
@EuphorialQueen Thanks. I personally don’t like the grid lines when building, but I’ll try that too.
Message 8 of 8 (467 Views)