Re: Youth potion isn’t working

by Nutaroo22

Original Post

Youth potion isn’t working

★ Novice
I’ve purchased the youth potion to use on my elder sims and they haven’t changed yet. Does anyone know how long the process takes?
Message 1 of 14 (35,403 Views)

Did you make them drink the potion? I've never really tried them. It could be they are being reset to the start of the elder life stage.

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 2 of 14 (35,376 Views)

★ Novice
Yes, I made them drink it. I spent a lot of points for those drinks too 🙄
Message 3 of 14 (35,372 Views)

They are being reset back to the beginning of the current age group, did that happen?

If you want to make your Sim younger I would suggest cheating them younger. 

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 4 of 14 (35,366 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I just tested it and it didn't make the old man younger. I did three potions also.

I do know from experience that it does make them younger. Mine were adults

and aged up to elder just before I gave the potion. So it's not working the way it

did several years ago. (If that helps?)   Happy Simmin Wink 

(And if you sometimes see Hoppy instead of Happy it's because I normally have
a frog avatar and I forget I don't have it in here. lol)

Message 5 of 14 (35,279 Views)

Champion (Retired)
In Sims 3 Sims were reset to the start of Young Adult.
In Sims 4 they are reset to the beginning of the age group they currently are in. It can be hard to see with an elder as it does not list days left just days lived.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 6 of 14 (35,265 Views)

★★★ Newbie

ow do you get them to drink the potion

h
Message 7 of 14 (35,228 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@gammerjp126  Just right the potion and select to drink.  Happy Simmin Wink

Message 8 of 14 (35,221 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I'm playing the Sims 4 on May 26th, 2019, and all you have to do to change your Sim's age to any stage of life is to do the following:

Load your household.

Next, open the cheat window (Shift-Control-C) and type in "testingcheats on" . This will enable the cheats.

After that, enter the following cheat "cas.fulleditmode on" . Most YT videos and websites will tell you that now you just have to click on your sim, then click the now avaliable option to edit your sim. THIS WILL NOT WORK ANYMORE. There is a new way to edit your sim, and it's a little more complicated, but not impossible.

Now, go to manage worlds. Click on the household that your sim lives in. There is a button next to the play button with two people and a pencil. Click on that.

A window with the sim residents will pop up. On the bottom right of that window, there is a button with a pencil. Click on that.

Now you are in Create a Sim mode. You can see options that let you change your Sim's age, their voice, and more. Without the cheat we did earlier, changing the age will not be avaliable.

That is how I change my Sim's age, and once you know the steps, it's pretty easy to do.

Happy Simming yall.

Nutaroo22

Message 9 of 14 (33,724 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Nutaroo22 

You can just Shift-click and select edit in CAS or click a mirror/dresser. Much faster.

Otherwise your steps are accurate.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 10 of 14 (33,716 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help