Re: Yet another topic about the Update (And broken CC).

by crinrict

Original Post

Yet another topic about the Update (And broken CC).

★★ Guide

I understand the Sims4 team was excited to share this update with the windows and stuff, but seriously, breaking the majority of CC windows and doors?

I understand people who don't have CC installed might say it's not the team's problem, but it would be irresponsible to ignore that the big majority of the sims community has at least 1 CC object installed. That way you enhance your game and are able to build stuff with resources that cannot be found in the base game or packs. 

From all the people I know who play Sims4, a group of aprox. 15 people, ALL of them play with some CC, and from all the complaints I've seen on these forums, Twitter and Youtube comments, I can see more people pissed at the update than happy for the windows. Besides, weren't the windows able to be placed like that with bb.moveobjects?  Why change everything in the game and break your customers' games for something that could be done already? Also, there are reports of vanilla (game packs) doors and windows broken as well, so at this point isn't only a CC issue.

I don't wanna be mean and say the base game and its packs are boring, but again, one of the most fun aspects of the games are the challenges to build impressive stuff, and the CC helps with that. If you leave us with nothing but broken buildings, after we put so much time and effort on them, the game simply loses its charm, and you'll only have tons of people disappointed, abandoning your game and not getting any of your future packs.

I really hope at this point the team is working on a solution, or is at least considering to remove the thing that caused all this chaos.

Message 1 of 7 (634 Views)

Champion

@Valadenthys , the problem is is that with thousands of Mods and CC items in existence, it is impossible for EA/Maxis to design an update around each and every single mod/CC item in existence.  Raised eyebrowDisappointed  So basically, for them to not do anything to the game that could effect mods and CC is to never update the game again, which would also mean that no new packs would be released and no bugs would ever be fixed! 😨😭  
The developers can not be responsible for anything you do to change the game from how it exists, as it is simply unrealistic.  Many people want new game content and I would think most people want bugs to be fixed, so the game has to be updated for those things to happen. Wink

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 7 (622 Views)

★★ Guide

I never said don't update the game. I said that everything was functional before they changed the window placing thing. No other change ever broke the CC like the window placing did, including some windows and doors from official game packs (Get Famous windows AND door has the same glitch as the CC, reported by people who don't use CC at all).

I'm not saying Maxis should stop the updates as a whole, I'm asking to reconsider just the window placing thing, for the great majority of simmers uses not mods, but simple CC objects that now are permanently broken just because they decided we'd like placing windows everywhere.

And again, for what I've seen, the majority of people in the comments prefer to have functional windows and doors rather than windows that you could already place everywhere with cheats.

Message 3 of 7 (614 Views)

Champion

Excellent points, @PugLove888!! 

@Valadenthys In your post you mentioned that you saw no need for additional tweaks to the 'free' window placement. Personally, right from the first time I excitedly tried the new placement changes that had been added to windows, I was disappointed. While trying to 'special/free' place windows, I found that the magic of MOO alone did not make all things possible. As a player who mainly builds anymore, I'm extremely excited that they further adjusted that code so I can go in and have the flexibility in placing windows that I'd hoped for. (Thanks for that, EA!!)

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 4 of 7 (612 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Valadenthys , I understand that you just want the windows and doors to work, and yes, Maxis should have worked out the windows and doors from their own packs, but the fact remains that there is still many CC windows and doors in existence, and Maxis can't be responsible for content that other people add on to their game.  It is still impossible to make sure every CC window and door will work with a game update.  Even if they were to try, new CC creators could add new windows and doors during the time EA was trying to make them all work.  Again, the only way to prevent this would be to never have any updates , including bug fixes , to door and windows. 
And from your point of view, what you might want might just be for EA not to do any updates with windows and doors, or at least their placement, but other people will be upset that an update messed up someone else's CC in regards to another object, such as sinks or toilets.

The CC objects might seem simple, but chances are the coding involved is more complex than it would seem!Disappointed

Also, many CC creators fix their objects after an EA update, so you just have to be patient while they do that. Angel

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 5 of 7 (602 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Valadenthys Did you ever consider that the reason why cc actually breaks pretty rarely is that the team tries update the game so it only happens from time to time ? And that sometime the cost just doesn't justify doing that ?

This isn't the first time. CC beds were all broken when they introduced the monster under the bed, there's a batch fix. CC windows/doors suddenly disappeared for everyone before, the community fixed that.

Believe me, I understand the grief and it's not fun when mods/cc break but the community always comes together and fixes it. I still have high hopes that S4Studio is going to come up with a batch fix for this too. It just takes time and a little bit of patience from all sides

and yes, out of all doors and windows we have in the game, 1 door and 2 windows are broken cause they probably didn't update those to work with the change. That is a bug and EA will need to fix that.

The custom content community has always been great at fixing their stuff and I'd personally rather seem the team squish some of those very bad game bugs :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 7 (589 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@Valadenthys Just so you know, before when using bb.moveobjects, you could technically move the windows/doors closer to each other, but once two windows occupied any part of one panel of wall, either one or both of the windows would fill in (like it is just window trim decal on the wall) and wouldn't work. The doors were the same - and sims wouldn't be able to walk through them. It was actually really frustrating in some builds to not be able to center some doors and windows because of this. Not only can we now place windows next to each other on the same wall panel without them breaking, they can also go on top of each other (vertically, they still break if they actually overlap). This update was actually a game changer in the builders life. It sucks it broke a lot of cc - but the cc will come back. The sims needs to keep updating to make peoples lives easier, and if they break a few things on the way that can be easily replaced or fixed (that isnt even actually a part of their game, that was likely free for you anyways), so be it.
Message 7 of 7 (518 Views)