[XBOX] Death Not Working

by ds5620

Original Post

[XBOX] Death Not Working

★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? TheSims4_1.27.3.2300_x64_zwks512sysnyr
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Strangerville, Jungle Adventure, Vampires, Dine Out, Spa Day, Vintage Glamour Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a Sim die
What happens when the bug occurs? Death appears, the animation starts but does not complete. Death stands over the sim but never generates a tombstone or an urn. Sims gather around and cry forever. Death never leaves and I’m unable to travel or save as a Sim is always in a constant death state.
What do you expect to see? The Sim should die regularly and an urn or tombstone should appear. Death should eventually leave.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After the June 10, 2020 patch/update

Any assistance you can provide would be greatly appreciated

Message 1 of 9 (941 Views)

Re: [XBOX] Death Not Working

★ Apprentice

Quick troubleshooting update:

System reset does not solve the problem

complete uninstall/reinstall does not solve the problem

A new game/save appears to work correctly - I could not replicate the problem but this is not really a solution as I don’t want to give up the save I’ve been working on for years.  

Thoughts?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  
Thanks.  

Message 2 of 9 (907 Views)

Hero

@ds5620 

I had the exact same thing happen on my game but I run on PC and my fix probably won't work for you.

Another helper that knows more about the consoldes advised that it might work if you power completely down and unplug for a few minutes and restart.  But I think you may have already tried that as you said you did a system reset.

I hope this helps.

Message 3 of 9 (880 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@ds5620 Do you have a save prior to the sim dying that you can revert to?
Message 4 of 9 (865 Views)

★ Apprentice

@CGrant56 I will give that a try when I get home from work.  Pretty sure that won’t fix the issue though since it works correctly on a new save.

@PoptartJuniper Sadly, I do not.  I don’t think the files are corrupt, I just think there’s some type of conflict with the update.  Prior to the 6/10 update I had an issue where the save files would crash when loading so I guess there’s progress.  Large smile

Message 5 of 9 (841 Views)

Hero
@ds5620 I'm going to move this to General Discussion as it's one of these random problems that dates back to when the game came out. It's very random and seems to happen mostly when death occurs in tight spaces but also otherwise,

On PC the solution is to reset the grim reaper. That will usually resolve the situation. Since on XB1 this affects your achievements, I don't know if that's a way you're willing to take.

Question though: Were you actually able to save in that state ? On PC you usually can't.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 9 (824 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@ds5620 If you close the game, then reload the game with the dying sim, you can try loading instead a different household and travel to the dying Sims lot. That should reset everyone on the lot and you should be able to collect the urn.
Message 7 of 9 (800 Views)

★ Apprentice

Bummer.  Nothing seems to work but that’s about my luck lately.

@crinrict No I cannot save or do anything except exit to the main menu while death is in progress.  How do you reset death on a console?

Message 8 of 9 (786 Views)

★ Novice

Well reviving Sims has worked for me at times but not always so.......  Upload your Sims as they gain abilities you dont want them to loose and upload family units as a whole so they stay intact just remove older copies.  I couldn't revive Miko Oyo with ambrosia.  Had to delete her ghost and download her again.

Message 9 of 9 (595 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help