World of Luxury walkthrough

by Phantomlover1717

Original Post

Re: World of Luxury walkthrough

[ Edited ]

@simmerdownMAL 
10 AM PST it is, just got confirmation on it. Little error in the info we got.

The tweet you mentioned:
https://twitter.com/SimGuruIlya/status/1143807307366588416 :eaparty_hat:

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 11 of 30 (961 Views)

★★★ Guide

Out of curiosity, why PST? 

If PST equals Pasific Standard Time, then nobody’s using it at the moment, according to 

https://www.timeanddate.com/time/zones/pst

Has anyone got any suggestions about what city I should use on my world clock to check what the time is PST?

@simmerdownMAL @Phantomlover1717 ?

Message 12 of 30 (941 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

Maxis Studios I believe is in California, and that is PST or PDT time zone. Even though they transferred to firemonkey's studio. 

A simple Google search will give you a conversion for your time zone.

Since I live in New York EST. My time would be 1 P.M. for example. 

Message 13 of 30 (938 Views)

★★★ Guide

Thank you @givememore86 , as you can see from my post, I already googled it.

Message 14 of 30 (932 Views)

I usually just Google the PST time, Google knows my location and tells me what time that would be in The Netherlands. 

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 15 of 30 (925 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@KatlaStorm wrote:

Out of curiosity, why PST? 

If PST equals Pasific Standard Time, then nobody’s using it at the moment, according to 

https://www.timeanddate.com/time/zones/pst

Has anyone got any suggestions about what city I should use on my world clock to check what the time is PST?

@simmerdownMAL @Phantomlover1717 ?

@KatlaStorm 10:00 in Los Angeles which is 7:00 p.m. in Norway Standard smile

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 16 of 30 (922 Views)

★★★ Guide

Thanks @SalixCat , @givememore86 , @Phantomlover1717 

I find it rather funny that game administrator issues schedules with PST when nobody is actually using it at the moment (because it’s summertime). So why not use a time sone that is actually in use, like PDT (US Pasific coast now that it is summer) or AEST (Melbourne who don’t have summertime) or UTC (=GMT or Zulu; the international reference time) or JST (Tokyo, who doesn’t have summertime) or whatever time sone that is precise. Then we could use our world clock (every phone has a world clock) to figure out when to get ready. Every time there is a live event someone is asking: when will the event go live?! And we are all confused 😆😄😄

It seems you are right about the Maxis location, @givememore86 . At least they have a vacant position as Technical animation director in Redwood city, California at the moment. Anyone want to apply - enough of work to be done 😆🤣😆

Anyway, good luck tomorrow!

Message 17 of 30 (910 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Thanks for asking @KatlaStorm. Now I know why these events always appears on my device one day later. I should stop staring at my game screen waiting for them to pop up and do some laundry instead. 😅

Good luck for everyone too! 

Message 18 of 30 (871 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@KatlaStormYou’re exactly right.

As others have stated, the game time most likely references Pacific Time because that’s where the Maxis Studio is located. Now that they moved to Melbourne, maybe that should change. 

In reference to PST....a lot of Americans, including myself, use PST and PT interchangeably in colloquial conversations, even when we’re wrong and currently in Daylight Saving! I even used PST in a professional email this morning when scheduling a video conference call for next week. 😂 My bad! If someone says PST to me in conversation or via email, it simply means Pacific coast time, no matter what day of the year. I just know that it’s always three hours behind my current time, but I recognize how that can be confusing on a global scale, and particularly confusing to locations that don’t change times. Thanks for schooling me!

Message 19 of 30 (861 Views)

Could also be that the servers in that timezone and/or that the 10 AM PST is globally better.
One thing I'm not good at is timezones, The Netherlands has one timezone. Winter/Summer clock changes are confusion enough for me Tongue out.

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 20 of 30 (854 Views)