Re: World of Luxury Event Rewards Bug

by Fadorable

Original Post

World of Luxury Event Rewards Bug

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Apple iPhone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) iPhone 6
OS Version 10.2.1 (14D27)
Player ID: (Find your Player ID in Sims Mobile: https://help.ea.com/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile ) 1003045449925
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? The probabilities of receiving the items in the world of luxury event
What do you expect to see? Continuously receiving the same items
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region Europe
Country United KingdoM
Additional feedback

When playing the world of luxury event, it is not possible for me to receive rare items which is extremely frustrating. I have received around 60 rewards after earning around 3000 coins for the event and now I receive only the same four items repeatedly and no others. It appears that I am not able to receive any other of the rewards. The game is also continuously cutting out and losing some of my progress and risky events have started to not show up for a whole event.

Message 1 of 11 (2,189 Views)

★ Apprentice
Usually, I'd say that you're just unlucky, but I too have opened 60+ boxes and have only received a few rare furniture items. If the rare drop rate were 15%, you'd expect to have received around 9 rare rewards already.
I think it is likely that the win rates are intentionally deceptive. Sure, you have a 15% chance of getting a rare item, but are you just as likely to get the couch as you are to get the bubble blower? Probably not. This is a reach, but I think that the actual win rates are as follows:
Bubble bar: 2.25%
Couch/lanterns: 3.75%
All other rare items (not furniture items): 9.00%

Still, at the very least, you should have received about 3 rare furniture items by now. I really want the bubble bar but probably won't spend SimCash because I'm not sure I can even trust the posted win rates.
Message 2 of 11 (2,145 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I also have the same problem along with the game crashing and/ or not saving. I log back on and all progress gone. I’ve even spent SIM money on items that I lost. I like the game but not to where I am losing money. 

Message 3 of 11 (2,124 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I have the same problem. For the last two weeks I've basically started every event as soon as it was available again, using cupcakes to rush through, spamming short events to get more tokens. Waking up early, staying up late. And I cannot get the bubble bar or couch. I don't understand how some people have gotten two or more, and usually in a row. It also seems like duplicates are different for some players. The game loves giving me mirrors and tapestries and most of my duplicates have been these items, whereas for others it seems to be the pants or bracelet or even pillows.

Of course, there's no such thing as a truly random number generator, but this is very obviously broken. Maybe intentionally.

It's so discouraging I will probably stop playing if I fail to get the rare items. It's just not fun. I've spent real money on this game but events like this that are impossible to complete even if you do everything right and spend tons of time on it just ruin the game. If it wasn't limited time it wouldn't be so disheartening.

I wish I had some helpful advice, but I wanted you to know you aren't alone and hopefully the additional voices/info will be helpful in showing that this is a true bug, or just plain poor design.
Message 4 of 11 (2,085 Views)

★★ Novice
I agree. Ill be stopping as well, I have collected so many pants, end tables, and other common items, after totalling 3000+ points on this event. Sad they cant fix this.
Message 5 of 11 (2,052 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I got all 3 couches, plus 2 more that didn't count, 2 of the rare light fixtures, but never got a bubble bar. I also repeatedly got the same clothing and accessory items over and over again, which in essence was a lost prize box because you could only get those items 1 time each.  I too played the whole event as often as possible each day and earn over 60 prize boxes.  I also got some or all of every other reward that was offered except the bubble bar, which was the main object I was trying to get for interaction purposes. IMHO they should gift the bubble bar since there was obviously a bug with the reward system.

Message 6 of 11 (1,897 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I have bought sims bucks for the luxury event to open the boxes. I really want the couch.. but unfortunatly it doesn’t let me open any chests, so I have bought my simbucks for nothing..
Message 7 of 11 (1,785 Views)

★★★ Novice

Well I got it and it froze my game. One of my sims finished using it but if I try to tap the green check, the game freezes. If I try to travel, it freezes.

Message 8 of 11 (1,716 Views)

★★★ Novice

The "bubble bar" AKA hookah was what I really really wanted, but I was having such bad luck with the prizes I changed my mind about purchasing the $10 package with "increased odds" because I would have really just been livid if I'd spent money as well as time and effort, in vain basically.

Im wondering if anyone on here actually won the hookah/bubble bar? Please post if you did.

Message 9 of 11 (1,523 Views)

★ Guide

I'm so very disappointed in this event.  I NEVER EVER spend really money and I purchased 6 of the packs to open 60 extra boxes to make a total of 156. NO BUBBLE BAR.  Pissed and feel like the unluckiest person in the world. Number one loser.

Message 10 of 11 (1,464 Views)