Re: Workaholic: How to go to work on off hours or demand promotion?

by Trismagistos

Original Post

Workaholic: How to go to work on off hours or demand promotion?

★ Guide

My sim is has the workaholic lifestyle, but I can't figure out how to go to work on off ours or demand a promotion. There is nothing on the phone (career tab), or the computer or my Sim's menu. The only time I successfully achieved to go to work on off hours is when it appears as a dialogue option when talking to another sim. The dialogue option with the other sim says "go to work" and when I click on it my Sim goes to work, no matter the hour. But it doesn't always appear. I haven't seen the "demand promotion" option at all so far. I have seen a few workaholic related moddlets on my sim, so at least part of the lifestyle seems to work. 

How are those two options are supposed to work? Where you'd find them normally and are there any conditions tied to them? As the situation is now for my Sim its a bit stupid since my Sim gets the negative side effects from being a workaholic (tense moddlets), but not the boons. I had another Sim on another save with the workaholic lifestyle and had the same issues.

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 12 (19,791 Views)

Champion

@Naodyr  I depends on the job of your Sim. For instance buy stuff to train his/her skills that will also benefit the work ethics. An IT'er could do some programming. A painter can paint and a journalist can write books. Most of the times your Sim will receive some rewards while promoting that will help. Best to use these objects to enhance the workaholic lifestyle. Do these jobs after diner or just before going to sleep, in the weekends etc. 

Have fun playing. 😉

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Let op:
ik ben een vrijwilliger - ik werk dus niet voor EA. / Klik op "Ik ook" - Als je hetzelfde probleem hebt
Geef XP – Voor nuttige opmerkingen (help anderen vooruit) en markeer de oplossing - Als een antwoord jou heeft geholpen.

Message 2 of 12 (19,775 Views)

★ Guide
@Trismagistos Ah I see. So the option to work on off hours doesn't appear automatically as soon as a Sim obtains the lifestyle, it only appears if the Sim does certain tasks (different once depending on the job) aside from work, which are different depending on the job, did I understand that correctly? I will try that.Thanks.
Message 3 of 12 (19,714 Views)

★★ Apprentice

My sims go to work on their days off all on their own. They sort of gray out on the icon but the normal buttons that would show up on the icon when they are at work aren't there. They come home when they are ready.

Message 4 of 12 (19,701 Views)

Champion

@Naodyr the option you mention, to work off hours, will only appear when your Sim is a salaryman. In other cases just do some work related tasks. I think you explained it perfect.

Have fun playing. 😉

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Let op:
ik ben een vrijwilliger - ik werk dus niet voor EA. / Klik op "Ik ook" - Als je hetzelfde probleem hebt
Geef XP – Voor nuttige opmerkingen (help anderen vooruit) en markeer de oplossing - Als een antwoord jou heeft geholpen.

Message 5 of 12 (19,689 Views)

★ Novice

Click on your Sim to see the option to work during any hours. I haven't figured out how to demand a promotion yet, but I am wondering if the option appears when you socialize with your boss 

Message 6 of 12 (17,468 Views)

★★ Guide
@airbear11 Depend on the job they are doing and their skills for the job, I've had 5 of my sims ask for a promotion and got it.
Message 7 of 12 (17,457 Views)

★ Novice

Not true my sim is a chef and you just click the sim and it pops up 

Message 8 of 12 (16,453 Views)

★★★★ Expert

Yeah, what @breannanotestine said, my Sims were concert musicians and conservationists and they could go to work on their off hours.  I would just click them and it was an option. 

They would also do it autonomously if I wasn't watching them like a hawk, which was super annoying when I had other things I wanted them to do.

Message 9 of 12 (16,440 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@Trismagistos My sim is in the Author career with the Workaholic Lifestyle and he does have the option to Go to Work on Off Hours. Sometimes he goes autonomously, but that time at work does not raise his Performance level, and he has no option to Demand a Promotion. Basically, the negative aspects of this Lifestyle work fine for him, but the positive ones do not work.
Message 10 of 12 (15,991 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help