Re: Windenburg Sim possessed without accessing Strangerville

by mysticalmaid

Original Post

Windenburg Sim possessed without accessing Strangerville

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010 (64 Bit)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All up to and including Eco Lifestyle.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have Strangerville, have a sim live in Windenburg
What happens when the bug occurs? My sim gets possessed every night, seems to be some time after middnight. May possibly be due to a nearby community lot downloaded from the gallery as there was a bottle of weird drink that *might* have started it initially. Unsure if they added some object from the strangerville pack that may be doing it locally? My sim is the only sim getting possessed, she isn't eating any strangerville items other than that 1 drink on the first day.
What do you expect to see? I expect my sim to never get possessed unless she visits Strangerville and interacts with certain items there, or unless she interacts with items that will cause infection and possession.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I have a downloaded community space lot from the gallery placed in the neighbourhood, unsure if that is linked currently.  It is a new save file, this sim has not been previously played. This sim did drink a strange drink on her first day at the downloaded lot, she became possessed after which is expected, however she now gets possessed every night. No matter where she is or what she is doing, I have taken care to keep checking her inventory for items she may eat or drink autonomously.

Haven't used mods since a few packs ago. The save file is also new.

Message 1 of 8 (1,554 Views)

Hero
@mysticalmaid Do you remember what lot you downloaded ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 8 (1,533 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@mysticalmaid: The new EP's fizzy drink maker lets you make a fizzy drink with bizarre fruit, which infects those who drink it. Maybe that's what the "bottle of weird drink" was?

To cure the infection, you'll need the vaccine.

Message 3 of 8 (1,532 Views)

★ Guide
@StarryMight That is interesting! Guess I'll have to go through the questline : /
@crinrict It is called Factory One Community in game but I'm having trouble locating it in the gallery, I'll get back to you once I know exactly which lot it is and who made it.
Message 4 of 8 (1,494 Views)

★ Guide

Factory One Community by AlfredFJones7476  they have 2 versions and I'm not sure which it was. The drink may have been from somewhere near the downstairs planter (small wooden).

Message 5 of 8 (1,491 Views)

Hero
@mysticalmaid yeah, my Sim became possessed immediately after drinking that. I guess SM is right that the creator used the bizarre fruit for the fizz which would made this working as intended :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 8 (1,471 Views)

★ Guide
@crinrict Got my sim started on working through that questline now, unintended but it's an interesting story that she got infected lol. That will teach her to drink strange drinks.
Message 7 of 8 (1,469 Views)

Hero
@mysticalmaid Moving this to General Discussion.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 8 (1,462 Views)