Re: Willow Creek won't load lots from gallery to lot in Willow Creek

by Tiarella4

Original Post

Willow Creek won't load lots from gallery to lot in Willow Creek

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

How do I fix Willow Creek to work in Manage Worlds again? This happened a few days before, but I reseted my PC and it worked again. So a few days later it happened again, but then I tried to reset my PC and only Willow Creek wouldn't work. I only have one custom content which is eyelashes. I took them out of my game and it still won't work. So take make sense of my question is "How to I get Willow Creek to work again because i tried it with manage worlds and adding a house to a lot in Willow Creek and it still didn't work.

Message 1 of 6 (462 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@1rarecreation 
Not exactly sure what is not working.
Which lot (one or many?) are you trying to add a house?

What message do you see when trying to place the lot?
Is the lot occupied by another household or does your Sim live there?
Things to consider when downloading a lot from the gallery.

The gallery lot needs to be the same size or smaller.
Lots were your Sim lives will not allow a downloaded lot if there is not enough money.
The lot type needs to match especially if your Sim lives there.
Only residential lots can be placed if Sims live on the lot.

This is all guess work based on what I am reading.
Please reply if any of this helps or give more detail so we can provide the best help.

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 2 of 6 (441 Views)

★★ Novice

All of the free Willow Creek lots i have tried to put houses on,but they go to the building house loading screen then just go back to the map of all the worlds. There is no message. No the lot is not occupied and I am in Manage World. Yes the lot is the same size of the house. Also i don't know if this helps but i also have enabled all cheats. I thought it was my script and cc so i took it out and it still did not work.

Message 3 of 6 (422 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@1rarecreation- I'm just another longtime simmer, no computer expert, but if I were having these problems I'd delete my cache, empty my trash folder, and shut down & restart my computer, because (I've been told) sometimes bits of what we've deleted lingers on otherwise, & can cause problems.

I hope it's something that simple, so you can get back to playing--if you haven't already solved it yourself.

eta:  Are you able to enter Willow Creek when you don't have a downloaded building to place?  Can you enter the lot, then go to the gallery, and download directly into the lot while you're in it?  I'm trying to picture the exact steps you've taken, & whether or not there are viable workarounds.

Message 4 of 6 (407 Views)

★★ Novice

Yes, i am able to enter willow creek very easily. I'm not sure i haven't tried that.

Message 5 of 6 (387 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@1rarecreation wrote:

All of the free Willow Creek lots i have tried to put houses on,but they go to the building house loading screen then just go back to the map of all the worlds. There is no message. No the lot is not occupied and I am in Manage World. Yes the lot is the same size of the house. Also i don't know if this helps but i also have enabled all cheats. I thought it was my script and cc so i took it out and it still did not work.

@Tiarella4  Made a good point about deleting things since you mention mods and cc.
It is important to remove (not disabling) mods / cc and the localthumbcache.package needs to be deleted.

Here is what I recommend.

Go to Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4
Rename The Sims 4 to The Sims 4.old to preserve your saves, tray, screenshots and mods folders/files.
Run Repair from Origin as described in the troubleshooting guide.
Start the game without adding anything back as a test.
The game will automatically create fresh versions of all the folders/files.

Instructions are in the link below:
Troubleshooting tips
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/READ-FIRST-Troubleshooting-your-Game/m-p/3621199

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 6 of 6 (374 Views)