Re: Will your gallery uploads still be there if you reinstall game

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Will your gallery uploads still be there if you reinstall game

★★★ Novice

hi! So i want to reinstall my sims 4 game but I have a couple of sims I don't want to lose, so I've uploaded them to the gallery (not just my library). Will I stil be able to access them if I uninstall and install the game again?

Message 1 of 2 (1,383 Views)

Accepted Solution

@ingrid2309  Yes, your Gallery uploads will remain regardless of whether you have the game installed.  Another thing you could do is save the Sims 4 folder in Documents\Electronic Arts.  This folder contains all your user data: saves, saved households and builds, screenshots, etc.  The contents of that folder can be swapped in and out whenever you want, even between computers, and the files should certainly work when you reinstall the game.

If your computer runs the Legacy Edition, the associated user data is in a folder called "The Sims 4 Legacy Edition" rather than just "The Sims 4."

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (1,379 Views)

All Replies

@ingrid2309  Yes, your Gallery uploads will remain regardless of whether you have the game installed.  Another thing you could do is save the Sims 4 folder in Documents\Electronic Arts.  This folder contains all your user data: saves, saved households and builds, screenshots, etc.  The contents of that folder can be swapped in and out whenever you want, even between computers, and the files should certainly work when you reinstall the game.

If your computer runs the Legacy Edition, the associated user data is in a folder called "The Sims 4 Legacy Edition" rather than just "The Sims 4."

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (1,380 Views)