Will they go to work?

by knitsybitsy

Original Post

Will they go to work?

★★★★ Novice

I have been playing the sims for a while with a main family. As I get expansions I just keep playing my main.

One day I decided to play another family. I got kind of attached to them and gained a few skills and just watched them go to work and stuff. My main family doesn't work, they just collect, skill, garden and stuff for money. So I was playing my main and decided to switch back to this new family. They were missing work when I switched back. 

I assumed that they were just living their lives and doing whatever while I was playing my main. Why didn't they go to work? If I start playing a new household, do I have to physically be there to make them go to work? Their free will is on, I have no mods. Aging is off for unplayed lots. 

Message 1 of 2 (180 Views)

Re: Will they go to work?

Champion (Retired)

@knitsybitsy

This is kind of buggy in the game. But what I can say is that it's not your game that is broken, it just is like this. Normally, when you play another family, your sims will not loose any performance in school or at work, but neither will they gain any. I guess this if fine, although it would be awesome if townies slowly gained skills and got promotions :P

The problem is that when you switch family, they're not at work or in school. This causes performance loss as they arrive late even if you send them there as soon as you enter the game.

What I usually try to do is switch families during times I know that at least the most of them are not at work. For example Saturday morning Standard smile Then I won't experience this glitch.

Here's the official bug-thread about it: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Rotational-play-causes-Sims-to-no-longer-be-at-work/td-p/...

It's quite an old thread and does not follow the bug template, so if you would like to help out, maybe you could fill in the template and write about your bug, and one of the Heroes will merge the old thread with your reported bug. (if you post the link above in the compose box in the template it might be easier for them to find it)

https://answers.ea.com/t5/forums/postpage/board-id/The-Sims-4-Bugs

Message 2 of 2 (171 Views)