Will they go to work?

by knitsybitsy

Original Post

Will they go to work?

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I have a sim family that I am really attached to. So I have been playing the one family for a while, getting expansions and basically learning by having one family do everything. So I have aging off of all the other lots. That way I can get to know people and I don't have to deal with ghosts. I really don't like ghosts.

So I starting being kind of interested in this one other family so I switched over to them.  They had a bad kid in the Renegades Club and I kind of wanted to check out what he got up to. I started making him do his homework, dropped out of Renegades. I can't seem to change his character, he will always be devious and evil I guess. His mother and brother, they all had jobs, which I wasn't used to. My main Family just collect, fish, garden and skills for income. So I was playing around with having my new guys going to work and stuff. I switch backed over to my main for a while. Then I switched back to the new guys and they were at the house, but not at work like they were supposed to be.  It says "missing work". Like he was really missing work when I switched back, hadn't gone all day and had like thirty minutes left. 

So I was thinking, while I play my main guys, everyone else is out doing things, supposedly going to work and stuff. It wasn't happening though. If I start playing a lot, do they start to need direction after that? I thought they'd just do their thing.  

So do I set this lot as "unplayed" again in the options and let them do their thing? Will they lose the skills they gained while being played? Now that I am somewhat attached to them, I don't want them losing skills, but I might not want to play them all the time. 

I just want to switch around sometimes to check out what others are up to, but I don't want them sitting around not going to work. They do other things, they have free will on, but just "missing work" when I switched back. 

Message 1 of 5 (382 Views)

Re: Will they go to work?

★★★★ Apprentice

"Unplayed" sims will not have story progression on their own. Only sims that you have never played will do their own thing.
The only thing the unplayed sims will do, if selected, is age up.

If you use Cheats, you can change their personality. With your selected game open. Hit buttons CTRL+SHIFT+C a box will appear, top left corner.
Then type in testingcheats on
Now type cas.fulleditmode hit "enter". Then press SHIFT key and Right click on sim you want to edit. Now select "Modifty in CAS".
To clear cheat window at top just select the CTRL+SHIFT+C again. Now go make the changes to want. Hope this helps.

Happy Simmin  Standard smile  

Message 2 of 5 (354 Views)

Champion

@knitsybitsy, in addition to what @Bubblye stated, you can always have more than one Save Game.  I have a lot of Save Games because I often want each family I play to exist in its own little parallel universe! Heart So while I might have more than one copy of a family in several Save Games, I usually only play with one family per Save Game.  So, if for some reason you didn't want to do what Bubblye suggested, you can have your main family in one save game and then add a new save game from the Main Screen when the game starts and go to the neighborhood the "Renegade Kid" lives in and play their house and then save it under a different title.  They won't be aware of what you did in the other family in the other Save Game, but if you are alright with this, this might be something to try! Wink

But no matter what you do, I hope one of our suggestions works for you in the way you want! Best of luck and Happy Simming! Party hat

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 3 of 5 (342 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@PugLove888

I absolutely love this idea. I'm going to do this after I complete the builds I've been working on.
It will be nice to only play one family per game. I will get to see the others in my played game do
their own thing, for once. lol  Thank you so much for sharing this idea. ♥ Wink

Message 4 of 5 (318 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Bubblye, No problem! Standard smile  It is what I do for all my families since I took the time to make them, I want to see every aspect of their lives.  While it does take up some more space on your computer, I haven't had any problems.  If you end up with duplicates, you can always delete the earliest duplicate to save space.  

Also, in doing multiple Save Games, you can try out all sorts of houses that you build or that you download from the Gallery!  So in one game I can bulldoze the Goth or Landgraab houses and replace them with something I made or found in the Gallery, but in another game I can still enjoy those houses, and I never run out of room to try new houses!! Large smile

I'm glad you liked the idea, and I hope you enjoy all you Sim families! HeartParty hat

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 5 of 5 (310 Views)