Will there be a new update/hotfix?

by jasonbrok47

Original Post

Will there be a new update/hotfix?

★ Guide

Hey there,

Looks like the latest patch (1.68.156.1020)

didn't exactly solve some in-game issues such as save game bloating/freezing/glitches etc.

So I wanted to ask if EA will give out an ETA on the next hotfix?

Message 1 of 6 (340 Views)

Re: Will there be a new update/hotfix?

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I have been experiencing some glitches but it's probably CC related, though I have not experienced crashing but sometime in the future there definitely will be an update on fixing more stuff plus the new skin tones and etc.

Message 2 of 6 (308 Views)

★ Guide

@AkselSIMS4 Yeah I know about the incoming update in december for skintones, sliders etc.

But I was asking whether if they're gonna release another hotfix or not – which would fix the bugs that the latest patches brought.

And I can confirm that it's definitely not CC related, even though my specs are way above the actual requirements, my game is having random framedrops and eventually my save (even if it is newly created) is getting bloated for some reason and eventually sims/time get frozen.

Message 3 of 6 (301 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

@jasonbrok47--definitely not mods/cc-related for me either. i'm still having to use the -nosound argument workaround, as unfortunately the audio glitches and subsequent crashing are still present in my game without it. i, unlike you, am playing on an older laptop, although in its defence i must say it's never been like this before. Wink

for the save bloating and time freezing, there's something else going on. have a look at this and read Crin's blog post, to see if it might be what's going on in your game: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/CURRENT-ISSUE-Game-Freeze-Extended-Loading-Times-Save-Game/m-p...

Message 4 of 6 (290 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Haha, no, by CC related I meant by what I am experiencing myself. @jasonbrok47 

Message 5 of 6 (278 Views)

★★ Apprentice

They need to fix the staircase issue too. Not being able to use stairs on many lots is pretty ridiculous.

It would be nice if they communicated better what is going on as they've bungled this latest update/expansion big time. It should never have been released in this state to begin with.

Message 6 of 6 (253 Views)