Will the sims 4 + cats and dogs work on my computer?

by lighteningshark1

Original Post

Will the sims 4 + cats and dogs work on my computer?

★★★ Newbie

Hi, 

I wanted to know if the Sims 4 plus the cats and dogs expansion pack will work for my computer. I have played the demo and the game worked perfectly fine and didn't lag. Before I was able to play the demo, though, the game recommended me to play the 32 bit version or something. I ignored it and everything was fine. I tried to check everything myself but i'm just very confused. Disappointed I have a feeling I am lacking some things, but the the demo worked great. I have a lot of space on my computer, but I'm still not sure if my computer is good enough.

Here is my system information.

Message 1 of 3 (516 Views)

Re: Will the sims 4 + cats and dogs work on my computer?

Champion (Retired)

@lighteningshark1

Hi!
Well, if I were you and the base game demo worked fine, I would maybe only get that. Possibly another expansion pack, but not cats&dogs, as it have higher system requirements than the rest of the game. Like many other, maybe you could play the game if you avoided creating dogs. But there's also a chance the game would not work at all.

The reason is that it seems like your graphics card is a bit weak. Your dedicated memory is 64 MB and the requirements for the game is 128 MB.

If you decide to get the game anyways (some lucky people have gotten it to work) there are some things you should look into. And well, you should do this anyway, even if you don't end up even getting the base game.

Your graphics driver is from 11/25/2012... That's insane haha, you need to update it! Standard smile (your sound driver is also very but less important for gaming)

Also your windows is not fully updated, look into that too

If you get the game, make sure that your graphics settings are set to lowest quality.

I do not know what the demo includes and if it might be easier to run than the full game, but maybe you should save up for a new computer and buy the game when you really know that it will work instead? Standard smile

Good luck!

Message 2 of 3 (514 Views)

Re: Will the sims 4 + cats and dogs work on my computer?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie
Thank you!
Honestly, I don't use my computer that much for things like this so I'll definitely update it now that I know. I'll think about whether I want to risk trying the standard game or not.
@CMeki
Message 3 of 3 (499 Views)