Re: Will my sims 4 packs be able to go to the ps5

by PoptartJuniper

Original Post

Will my sims 4 packs be able to go to the ps5

★★★ Newbie

Will the sims 4 packs I bought be able to transfer over to the ps5 or will I have to buy them all again

Message 1 of 10 (16,672 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@BreakersDad23 

This is what was said "Based on what we are hearing, The Sims 4 will go from Xbox One (S and X) to the Series X and your progress and packs will go with you. This is based on what we heard in the media and Xbox Wire -" "As far as I know (again from media) the PS5 will be backward compatible too. Once we know more and can confirm things with The Sims 4 on both platforms we'll of course share that with everyone." -SimGuruLegacy (Reference)

TLDR: If the console is backwards compatible then yes, otherwise no. The Guru's will let us know when the new console comes out.

Message 2 of 10 (16,627 Views)

Do you keep expansion packs on next next console?

★★★ Newbie

My girlfriend and I like to play The Sims 4 and we've collected a lot of expansion packs since release. We were wondering if you get to keep them on Xbox Series X. If we use the same disc and sign into the same account will we be able to use the same expansion packs or will we have to buy them all again?

Message 3 of 10 (16,630 Views)

Re: Do you keep expansion packs on next next console?

★★★ Pro

Nobody knows not much has been said about the next gen gen consoles it's best to keep an eye on console news via internet.

Message 4 of 10 (16,591 Views)

Re: Do you keep expansion packs on next next console?

Hero (Retired)
@ThoughtlessAnmts I've moved your post to the thread for this question. I have added the information I found about this to my post above (#2).
Message 5 of 10 (16,561 Views)

The Sims 4 on PS5

★ Guide

Hello,

simple question.

Will be possible to transfer the game and saves from PS4 to PS5?

Message 6 of 10 (16,285 Views)

Re: The Sims 4 on PS5

Hero (Retired)
@Sthenastia I've moved your post to the thread for this question. I have added the information I found about this to my post above (#2).
Message 7 of 10 (16,252 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@BreakersDad23 Doubtful. EA stands to make a TON of money if they force everyone to re-purchase. And we ALL know they will ALWAYS take the option to make more money, or not do it.

And AFAIK, NO playstation has EVER been backwards compatible.
Message 8 of 10 (16,210 Views)

Re: The Sims 4 on PS5

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

@Sthenastia I'm not sure how much control EA would have when it comes to a Sony PS5 being backwards compatible with PS4 game titles. Sony Interactive Entertainment CEO Jim Ryan says that “99 percent” of PS4 games that have been tested are backwards compatible with PS5. According to Ryan, thousands of PS4 games have been tested on PS5, and “99 percent” of them already work. This was just mentioned in passing, not from any official statement from Sony, but it seems to imply that a vast majority of the PS4 library will be compatible with the PS5 when it launches on November 12th.

https://bgr.com/2020/09/17/ps5-backwards-compatible-ps4-games-99-percent/

Btw- Microsoft has been talking up backwards compatibility on both the Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S for months. Not only will virtually every Xbox One game be playable on the next-gen Xbox consoles, but most Xbox 360 and original Xbox games will as well.

https://bgr.com/2020/07/16/xbox-series-x-backward-compatibility-every-xbox-one-game/

I'm just a regular Sims player, I do not work for EA, Sony, or Microsoft.

Message 9 of 10 (16,200 Views)

★★ Novice

@Psychotps Actually yes Playstation's systems
are backwards compatible,
some of the PS3 models are & PS5 is, The PS4 Wasnt though.

Message 10 of 10 (10,114 Views)