Re: Will Sims 4 receive a medieval pack?

by Dreamscape1991

Original Post

Will Sims 4 receive a medieval pack?

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

So just a curious fan as is i have played all sims games and packs since it was created. Ive seen in sims 4 youve been adding back packages that were once available on pc. Their was also a medieval pack on pc i used to play. Will you also be adding a medieval package? You really should! If you intend to restore all of what was available in the past sims content to ps4, ps5, and xbox systems and nintendo switch. Id totally buy it on ps4. So tell me? Do you intend to recreate the medieval package also or is it still in consideration? 

Message 1 of 6 (1,498 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Dreamscape1991 , I am not an employee of EA, only a volunteer.  But I can say that nobody knows for sure unless they officially announce something.  My guess is that they wouldn't because the last time they had the Medieval age in the Sims, it was its own separate game, and not merely an expansion or other DLC to the current main version of the Sims. By making it a separate game, there were able to give the Medieval age more details.Party hat  If they were to give us a Medieval expansion to The Sims 4, it would be more like a costume pack than a truly Medieval world.  Also, this would not fit with the current modern world that we have in the game now.  They can get around this somewhat with supernatural packs (Realm of Magic has an Art Nouveau style that was popular from about 1890 to 1914, and the Vampires EP has the Gothic style, which does come from the Medieval period.) But being supernatural Sims, these Sims don't necessarily follow the conventions of modern style. 😉

There was also the fact that the some of the clothing in the Sims Medieval was actually Renaissance clothing, especially in the Pirates and Nobles Expansion Pack! Oops😅

I loved The Sims Medieval!  I would love for them to do something like that again! 🥰

As for new content being available on different platforms other than PC/Mac, I would think that EA plans on continuing putting out the same content on PS4/PS5 and Xbox as they have been doing.Standard smile  As for Nintendo Switch, nothing from The Sims 4 is on that platform, so it is doubtful they have plans for that.😔  Perhaps if and when they make a Sims 5, it might also be available on Nintendo, but since that hasn't been officially announced yet on any platform, we will have to wait and see! Wondering🤞

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 6 (1,468 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

They have off the grid settings you can apply to your lot where you dont use electricity or modern internet and all of that which comes with cottage living. I own all but strangerville and werewolves which im getting next month. The off the grid stuff could be applied to medieval, a wardrobe, and an entirely new town like their is for the other packs though. Thats my point. Standard smile if they havent done so already then i am suggesting it here in this feed. Miss the fairies also and the dragon pets. Hmm my friend said it was for Nintendo, i wasnt sure i dont follow Nintendo. 

Message 3 of 6 (1,444 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Dreamscape1991 , Yes, the Off the Grid option is nice, but it isn't perfect.  For example, if you have the Bust the Dust Kit , that kit turns on dust in all worlds, lots, and save games, unless you disable it -- which would also affect all worlds, lots, and save games, and not just the ones you want it to affect. 😔  This wouldn't be a problem except that they did not put any brooms & dust pans in the kit, so this makes a big dusty mess unless you disable the dust feature. 😢

I was more thinking of the immersion that would be missing if we had a Medieval pack because even if they made a Medieval town for the game, normal NPCs like the Pancakes, Goths, Landgraabs, and Calientes would be wandering around the Medieval town, and it is possible that they would be dressed in their modern clothes! 😖  But this would be much better if they had it to where all NPC's would wear Medieval clothing while at the town.😅  

They could do this with a time-travel storyline as well, but in that case there would probably be more than one time period to travel to, but this would make each time period watered down, without the detail a player would want.😥

But I think a pack like a Medieval pack (or any time period pack from over 100 years ago unless in a time-travel pack) would have a similar problem as the Journey to Batuu (Star Wars) Game Pack has, in that it kind of breaks the immersion for a lot of people.  However, some people don't have a problem with this. 🤷‍♀️

As for Faries, I really hope that even if they have a Medieval pack that they don't add Fairies to it because I don't want Fairies to suffer the fate that Aliens and Mermaids did in The Sims 4 where they have hardly any gameplay details.😭  I want a stand-alone Fairy pack!!!! 🧚‍♀️🧚‍♂️Party hat  But pet dragons would probably work pretty well! 😎

Message 4 of 6 (1,395 Views)

★★ Novice

Im not going to buy the bust the dust pack lol. Barely wanted to buy the laundry one. Do enough of that in reality that it just seems boring in the game. Maybe medieval could work like batuu and realm of magic where you travel to it separately but i dont know. I hate that i can make my character look like a star wars one but it glitches in batuu and you still look human there. In spooky stuff theirs a fairy costume anyway among others and for cosplayers i guess those work for now. I hope to see more medieval content with time: building related and clothing and furniture. Id love a good viking theme even lol. 

Message 5 of 6 (1,372 Views)

Champion

@Dreamscape1991 , yes if you don't have Bust the Dust then it isn't as much of a problem.  I'm just worried about making a pack that requires Off-the-Grid because they often overlook a lot of things that should be OTG but aren't, so it makes me apprehensive to make a whole pack require being OTG.😓 The Bust the Dust kit just reinforced that apprehension of mine, but I thought the dust would be like the laundry in Laundry Day where you get to choose if your house needs to do laundry or not by placing certain key items in it!  So, I thought that we wouldn't get dust unless we placed a vacuum (or broom and dust pan) on the lot, and was very disappointed in how this ended up being implemented. 😞And aside from that, they really should have included at least one dust pan/broom item for OTG lots! 

I often use that Spooky Stuff Fairy costume when I make my Sim work in the Designer career!  In one save I have a bunch of Fairies and Knights running around! 🤣  But I know that many people wouldn't like to mix modern and fantasy or modern and period dress. I understand their point, but I'm a bit kooky so I don't mind! 🤪

So, while I agree with you and would love more Medieval items, especially CAS items, I don't think there is as much chance for that happening, at least in The Sims 4. But hopefully I'm wrong! 😃🤞

Message 6 of 6 (1,351 Views)