Will I still have a previous virus if Origin is re downloaded on a new computer

by hollymayze

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Will I still have a previous virus if Origin is re downloaded on a new computer

★★★ Newbie

I recently (or at least I think) I received a horrible virus from stupid, faulty CC for my Sims 4 game. I have been given another laptop to use, however it is VITAL I obviously do not break this.

If I proceeded to re-download Origin (as I bought my Sims 4 game online, not via disk) will I till have this virus in my folders or will they be clean?

Message 1 of 3 (304 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Will I still have a previous virus if Origin is re downloaded on a new compu

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

The d/l will be "clean", since you didn't get the virus from the game or Origin anyway.  The infection is in the files on your "other" machine.  It's nothing to do with Origin...

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (345 Views)

All Replies

Re: Will I still have a previous virus if Origin is re downloaded on a new compu

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

The d/l will be "clean", since you didn't get the virus from the game or Origin anyway.  The infection is in the files on your "other" machine.  It's nothing to do with Origin...

Message 2 of 3 (346 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@hollymayze

Like Thandal wrote the download will. be clean.

It is not possible for CC to have a virus since CC is not executable. If you downloaded it with other files and one of them was an executable and you executed that. It may have been a virus.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 3 of 3 (287 Views)