Re: Will I be able to transfer all my Sims 4 DLCs to Steam from Origin???

by JadeClarity

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Will I be able to transfer all my Sims 4 DLCs to Steam from Origin???

★★★ Novice

If I purchase Sims 4 deluxe again on Steam this time, will I be able to transfer all my Sims 4 DLCs to Steam from Origin?

Message 1 of 68 (76,858 Views)

Accepted Solution

@SLYFOX7  Yes, if you buy the game in Steam, your Origin-bought packs will also work.  The way this goes is, when you buy Sims 4 in Steam, you're required to link your Steam account to an Origin account.  Steam will then recognize the packs you own in Origin and allow them to load when you launch from Steam.

However, Origin will still run in the background every time you play Sims 4, even while you're launching from Steam.  And if you decide you don't like playing through Steam and want to go back to Origin, you'll have to do some maneuvering to get Origin to allow you to play without Steam running again, even if you own all your content in Origin.  So it's only a good idea to start playing through Steam if you're sure you won't want to switch back.  And if Origin isn't working correctly for you now, it may continue to not work correctly even while you're playing through Steam.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 68 (76,836 Views)

All Replies

@SLYFOX7  Yes, if you buy the game in Steam, your Origin-bought packs will also work.  The way this goes is, when you buy Sims 4 in Steam, you're required to link your Steam account to an Origin account.  Steam will then recognize the packs you own in Origin and allow them to load when you launch from Steam.

However, Origin will still run in the background every time you play Sims 4, even while you're launching from Steam.  And if you decide you don't like playing through Steam and want to go back to Origin, you'll have to do some maneuvering to get Origin to allow you to play without Steam running again, even if you own all your content in Origin.  So it's only a good idea to start playing through Steam if you're sure you won't want to switch back.  And if Origin isn't working correctly for you now, it may continue to not work correctly even while you're playing through Steam.

Message 2 of 68 (76,837 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Seriously??? 🤔😔

Message 3 of 68 (76,685 Views)

@JadeClarity  Yes, seriously.  Are you having an issue you need help with?

Message 4 of 68 (76,671 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I am just so confused.

I have been searching for the game codes for each of my SIMS 4 expansion packs on Origin so that I can type them into Steam. 

Steam help on the website is not helpful at all. They keep giving me short answers and getting my questions all wrong. The last thing he said was that I needed to get all the codes and type them in. He said to contact Origin or EA ..so I have been trying to get a hold of Origin but their chat is broken and when I go onto the application I cannot find any codes anywhere at all.

Ive googled, Ive youtubed and nothing has been working. 

I cannot find my codes. Do you know how I can find them on Origin? Is there even a way? Google says to click on the game in Origin and go to properties and that the code will be there but it isnt. And when it comes to the extension packs there is nothing to click on to get to properties at all. This is very frustrating. 

I was just hoping to cut Origin out completely by going to EA for the codes and typing them into Steam, but now it seems even that is not going to be possible....... 

Message 5 of 68 (76,663 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@JadeClarity If it is a purchase it may be in your emails. This happened to me when I brought base game
Message 6 of 68 (76,659 Views)

@JadeClarity  There's no way to view the product codes for your Sims 4 packs in Origin.  And even if you knew what the codes were, entering them into Steam wouldn't have any effect.  As said above, if you want to play Sims 4 through Steam, you need to buy a copy of the base game in Steam.  Once you do that, you'll need to uninstall the Origin version of the game, install the Steam one, and then download your packs through Origin.

Message 7 of 68 (76,643 Views)

★★★ Guide

Basically, run the game through steam and all your dlc, which should already be on your computer through origin, will just appear. You also don't need to delete your origin version of the game. I didn't and it automatically switched versions. And if you want to stop using steam, uninstall the game through steam, then reinstall through origin, which is what I ended up doing.

Message 8 of 68 (76,628 Views)

★★★ Newbie

does it work the other way around, i have money in my steam account but own the game on origin

Message 9 of 68 (76,502 Views)

@eur0san  You can't transfer packs from Origin to Steam or vice versa.  What you can do, if you own the game in both apps, is install the base game through Steam and then add both your Origin- and Steam-owned packs.  This only works if you're playing through Steam, not Origin, and you do need to buy at least the base game through Steam to be able to buy packs there too.

Message 10 of 68 (76,483 Views)