Why wonSim who is a Foodie won't stop trying to drink tap water.

by HuhFaceSus

Original Post

Highlighted

Why wonSim who is a Foodie won't stop trying to drink tap water.

★★★★★ Novice

This is something thats been bugging me for awhile because i've had multiple randomly generated sims with the foodie trait, and every time i look away these little b*st@rds are trying to drink tap water from the bathroom sink or eat a peanut butter and jelly sandwich (even though their cooking skill is normally mid to high). and i just don't really know why there hasn't been a fix for this, they're literally torturing themselves lol. Like my sims know from experience that TAP WATER IS NOT A QUALITY BEVERAGE AND YET, they continue to chug that * every chance they get, ruining their mood.

Its not a game breaking bug because you can just catch them fast enough to stop it, and honestly its kind of hilarious, but i think if were gonna have sims try to drink water (like a normal human) we should get some sort of expensive alternative for foodie sims such as: Boujee Bottled spring water or Having to upgrade their taps/fridge with a water filter. and as for quick meals, just stop foodie sims from auto trying to eat quick meals when they are hungry, force them to cook or eat left overs.

Message 1 of 5 (870 Views)

Re: Why wonSim who is a Foodie won't stop trying to drink tap water.

Hero (Retired)

@HuhFaceSus A bug report for the quick meals is here if you were unaware. Sims cook but don't autonomously eat/cook more/eat quick meal instead.

You can give your foodie sim a bar, though they make a lot of drinks on them and definitely need a treadmill in the house. I've had luck getting them to use that autonomously instead of water. They still go get water sometimes.

I like the idea of special water upgrades for foodie sims. I wonder if the lot trait for water fixes that for foodies? I haven't tried it. 

Message 2 of 5 (861 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@PoptartJuniper I will try the bar idea after my sims next Acting gig (currently living check to check adding a room each check). And ill swap my geothermal trait with the natural well after winter ends and i don't need to heat my pool lol.
Message 3 of 5 (840 Views)

Hero

@HuhFaceSus 

You could also add a juice machine and have them make fizzy drinks, then put them in the fridge.  My sims tend to go for those first most of the time.  But they still go after water at a sink, just not as much.  But there is a drawback, unless you queue them to sit down afterwards, they will stand in front of the fridge to drink them and block the fridge for other sims.

Hope this helps.

Message 4 of 5 (827 Views)

Hero
@HuhFaceSus The current thread for the excessive water drinking is here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Excessive-Water-Juice-Drinking-Patch-1-58-63-Edition/m-p/84523...

EA is looking for saves so if you could send yours that'd be great.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 5 (803 Views)