Why no multiplayer in the sims?

by Atyfu-YT

Original Post

Why no multiplayer in the sims?

★★★ Novice

Why the sims 4 don't have multiplayer and will the sims 5 have multiplayer.

Message 1 of 4 (1,109 Views)

Re: Why no multiplayer in the sims?

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Atyfu-YT The Sims 4 was not designed for multiplayer functionality, and unfortunately it would have had to be designed that way to function that way, to my understanding of the issue.

There are many, many aspects of the game that would have to be modified in their interactions also, I assume, to make this possible in a future version. I have no idea if this is any part of their current development process for 'The Sims 5', but I assume it would have to be a situation where you visited each others' game save, and it would have many limitations on what you can interact with and how while doing this? Otherwise how else would you still be able to customize so many aspects of your game (like we do currently)?

I have not played a huge variety of games, so I would also be curious what types of possibilities are out there for interactive/multi player for a game of this type. I look forward to hearing form others about this.

All I know is I would definitely not want to trade off the extent of ability to detail my Sims and their world for the option of playing a multi-player option of some type. 

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 2 of 4 (1,041 Views)

★★★ Novice

Tbh, i love that the sims is a 1 person game. if it was multiplayer it would probably not have the same graphics and content. and i love to play alone.....

Message 3 of 4 (1,033 Views)

★★★ Novice
@kebboalm In a way it's sad, but it's transparent..
Message 4 of 4 (1,016 Views)