Why is the Strangerville world exempt from an Ecological footprint?

by Trismagistos

Original Post

Why is the Strangerville world exempt from an Ecological footprint?

[ Edited ]
Champion

I am very curious but can any one tell me why the Strangerville world is exempt from an Ecological footprint? In any other map we can play parts of the Eco Lifestyle Expansion Pack but not in Strangerville?

Does any one know why that is? By the way, we can't play it in the holiday maps either.

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Let op:
ik ben een vrijwilliger - ik werk dus niet voor EA. / Klik op "Ik ook" - Als je hetzelfde probleem hebt
Geef XP – Voor nuttige opmerkingen (help anderen vooruit) en markeer de oplossing - Als een antwoord jou heeft geholpen.

Message 1 of 7 (1,459 Views)

Re: Why is the Strangerville world exempt from an Ecological footprint?

Champion

@Trismagistos, because Strangerville has its own "footprint" and even weather pattern that has to do with the mystery! Wink

Spoiler
You could say that the footprint of Strangerville is that of the Mother! Large smile

If they had added the ecological footprint on top of this , it would have been very convoluted.  Besides, most people playing Strangerville have their own set of problems to solve, and probaly would rather play the Mystery over ecology in the first place. Angel

Message 2 of 7 (1,447 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@PugLove888  Of course I am aware of that!

Spoiler
My mother died and I dare not to revive her. And now she is dead I would like to have some neighborhood activities to lighten up de mood of the people who were affected by my mothers mood Wink

But in that case. I am still not sure why it can not be be made playable on holiday worlds too. Especially on a holiday i would like to see the grander scheme of things. To many tourist could also ruin a nice Ecological holiday spot. I dearly love your explanation for Strangerville and you even gave me some idea's for Evergreen Harbor 😈 And i will even try them, when I feel up to it.

Let op:
ik ben een vrijwilliger - ik werk dus niet voor EA. / Klik op "Ik ook" - Als je hetzelfde probleem hebt
Geef XP – Voor nuttige opmerkingen (help anderen vooruit) en markeer de oplossing - Als een antwoord jou heeft geholpen.

Message 3 of 7 (1,385 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Trismagistos 

In theory you could but ask yourself "I'm on vacation for e few days, would I rather enjoy my time exploring the jungle or spend my time cleaning the environment a little in the few days I'm her?". The latter would not be much of a vacation would it? and in the time you are there you would at most manage to enact one NAP.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 4 of 7 (1,370 Views)

Champion
@jpkarlsen Thanks for your remark! But the way I play The Sims 4 gives me greater opportunities than just a couple of days holiday. One of my Sims already has over 60 days left and never felt like taking one day off. In that case he would love to have some fun on his holiday.
But really what I am referring to is the fact that the holiday world could have an ecological footprint at the first place. Like for instance the neighborhood Grims Quarry in Evergreen Harbor.
That would give players the opportunity to choose for themselves if and how they want to use it.

Let op:

Message 5 of 7 (1,315 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Trismagistos, the problem with this is just like @jpkarlsen stated -- most vacationing Sims wont have enough time to make an ecological impact.  Also, if you are so busy trying to change the ecology of the vacation areas , that doesn't give your vactioning Sim much time for vacation activities, so it would be pointless for your Sims to even vacation there in the first place! Disappointed  We take our Sims to Granite Falls or Selvadorada in order to do activities that are unique to those areas.  Party hat  Why waste time doing the same tasks you have to do when at home?

Also, even if we were given the option of having an ecological footprint in the vacation worlds, because of the short time our Sims are there, we wouldn't be able to do hardly anything ecological at all, at least to make much of an impact... so then a lot of players would be mad that EA gave them the option for something that is impossible to do! ShockedDevil It would be just the illusion of a choice and not a real choice! Disappointed

Message 6 of 7 (1,293 Views)

I would also like Strangerville to have an eco footprint. I fully understand about the conflict with the Strangerville "story" but an option to enable it would be good.

We all play the Sims differently, making assumptions about how people play and what they want to do in their game isn't applicable. Standard smile

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 7 of 7 (1,271 Views)