Re: Why is cyber bullying a part of HSY pack?

by devilknigh71

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@InfiniteVerve 

allthough i can understand where you're from, NOT everyone have
to get along with each other, it's been in the game since sims 1,

it doesn't feels right to remove them, make it functional for us all
instead of entirely delete the mean and evil interractions we
should atleast get an option to turn the mean and/ or evil
on/off, it's for the roleplay and YOU can create things in the
sims 4, you can create a happy world while we can create
dramas in the sims 4 (think about it even in shows and series
it have their dramas)

like i said we should atleast get an option instead of
getting rid from evil and mean entirely

Message 21 of 26 (722 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@sailorleontine You can turn them off. You can disable social bunny entirely from showing any notifications.
Message 22 of 26 (695 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@Backstabbath88 

i keep it in mind if i see a social bunny in the sims Standard smile

Message 23 of 26 (672 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

@InfiniteVerve EDIT: (One thing you should be able to do is turn it off but removing it from the game wouldn’t be good. And very unrealistic)I understand what you are saying but I play for the highest Ammount of realism I can get with the sims in general HSY wouldn’t be realistic without cyberbullying in the game. It seems to be pretty tame for the game. I don’t think it would be fun to play a game where everything is perfect i understand some people don’t wanna see it and wanna play the game wholesomely with no issues ever in the game but that’s not realistic. I personally think if they removed this feature from the game it would take away some of the part of the game that makes it life simulation. Sorry but it just doesn’t seem right to take away realism from another sim telling your sim to stay inside their home when other sims can physically fight you spread rumors etc.

Message 24 of 26 (620 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@InfiniteVerve It’s probably added to make the game more realistic. Maybe they can add a toggle button so you can turn it off and on.
Message 25 of 26 (592 Views)

Champion

@InfiniteVerveHi!  Thank you for sharing.  I debated whether or not to join this conversation until I finally saw a bully message appear in my teen's social bunny feed.

Bullying.png

This isn't cute or funny, especially for kids who are experiencing this kind of thing in real life.  What is the appropriate response?  Should my teen say something mean too?  What exactly is the point of this?

This kind of thing may seem innocuous, because it is a game after all, but it can have a serious ramifications.  I think there is a huge difference between the mean or mischievous interactions available to adult sims and this bullying as an option for kids.  Some folks here have mentioned that it just adds some realism to the game.  However, in real life, these kinds of things can lead to very real and horrible tragedy.  Maybe the game should also include an option for kids to commit suicide?  Is that an appropriate "real life" addition?  (To be clear that is sarcasm and I would NEVER advocate for that.) 

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Please help other players:
Add XP to posts you think are helpful.
Click Accept As Solution for posts that resolve your issue.
Happy Simming!

Message 26 of 26 (541 Views)