Re: Why is Prom happening every single week??

by CaptreeAlcina

Original Post

EA Staff

Hello All,

If anyone of you are still encountering this (without mods), would you be willing to share the screenshots or your save file(s)?

If so, please send me a private message with a link to the file.

Instructions here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 31 of 37 (793 Views)

Champion

@taffster74 , I don't know of any high schools in the U.S. that aren't 4 years with the ages being roughly 14 -18, unless this is a recent development.Raised eyebrow I have had friends and relatives all over the country and they all had the same years of high school.  While there could be some preparatory high schools here which only cover 17-18 year olds, leaving normal high schools to be for ages 13-16, I have never heard of this.  My brother went a preparatory school, and it was 4 years for ages 14-18. Even all of the schools represented in TV, books, and movies have it the same.🤷‍♀️ 

The major difference I've seen in the States that can vary with state or region isn't with high school but with junior high/middle school and if there is an intermediate school or not. I've seen more intermediate schools in the last 20 years or so, but not very many of them, though it does seem to vary depending on where you live in the U.S.  

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 32 of 37 (685 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I fully agree. We should be able to at very least cancel it.

Moreover, while I know and understand this is an American based game, I am Dutch and have zero affection nor interest for the event that is prom. I always make my Sim skip it, and with my long lifespan family this is an annoying task. 

I think a lot of the frustration and perceived issue can be fixed by making prom an event that can be canceled.

Message 33 of 37 (531 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

What's especially annoying is if your sim or sims graduate early they still get notices to go to the prom, but they cannot since they are no longer in school. Also, if they have a boyfriend/girlfriend they will get a hurt sentimate because they didn't ask them to prom when they literally can't. So, once again they are selling broken content. 

Message 34 of 37 (486 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I think it’s just not that well thought out to be honest.  I have a feeling the team on this pack were just more focused on other things.  It seems like a lot of effort went into the thrift clothing shop and the inclusion and pronouns updates and the actual ‘high school years’ part of it simply wasn’t the priority at the time.

It’s a shame as a more interesting school and control of the calendar events and classmates and being able to make other schools etc could have made this one of the best packs. 

Message 35 of 37 (467 Views)

★★★★ Guide

This feature is extremely immersion breaking when you don't even have the option to toggle it off. I play a lot of historical gameplay, so there are times that I don't want prom to exist at all in my world. And the fact that prom shows up for all teens, even if you have them quit school, makes absolutely no sense. 

What's especially irritating is the game doesn't even make it easy to just ignore it. If you don't go through all the motions of agreeing not to go to prom, any potential love interests will develop a bitter sentiment about having expected a prom invite (even if they're a YA and no longer in school themselves!). Why are sims that are neither in school themselves or partnered with another sim who is still getting prom notifications? That makes so little sense that it's jarring in game. 

Please give us the option to disable Prom, or at least cancel it and remove it from the calendar each time the event is generated! Better yet, let us toggle on or off ALL high school events so that if we don't want our sims to participate, they stop clogging up the calendar UI. 

Message 36 of 37 (111 Views)

Community Manager
Hey all,

This thread has been locked to prevent further necroposting.
EACade
Message 37 of 37 (108 Views)