Re: Why is Prom happening every single week??

by CommodoreLezmo

Original Post

★★★ Apprentice
@vyvexthorne Great suggestions and hope it can help others. I've decided however to remove High School Year from my game. Frown It's just not compatible with a long lifespan without 'working around' the problems. Already have to work around so much in this game as it is. Appreciate your help and suggestions though so thank you.
Message 21 of 37 (1,222 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@siirysiir This is my other issue with High School Years on a long lifespan Frown
Message 22 of 37 (1,221 Views)

★★ Pro
@CommodoreLezmo this is huge and why haven't we seen any documentation on this? Like what does this even mean for people who play rotationally?
Message 23 of 37 (1,189 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@siirysiir Your right It is huge but haven't seen or heard much on the topic. My family's have very long lifespans as I switch between long lifespan and aging off completely. If I keep High School Years in my game after 4 weeks of school my teenagers will then have a long time without school before aging up. For story purposes I might have had a teen start University early (great feature to implement with university one positive) but that wouldn't be every household. I switched to the household of the twins older brother as someone commented the HS events wouldn't show on households without teens, so then I'd be able to edit holidays on the weekend again. I'm not sure if it's because their related but all the HS events still remained on the calendar. My final straw was sitting an exam on a Friday and a bug caused all Sims but my Twins to stand by their desks and not take the exam. Kind of broke the immersion haha. I've disabled the pack through Origin now and will hope the Sims team will either rework the settings for long and limitless lifespans and undo the calendar restrictions. As this is a feature not a bug however I'm not holding my breath. Modders may also find a way to fix this but that doesn't help the console players of the community. Without the pack enabled my calendar works fine and so am happy but equally sad to lose the build/buy, CAS items and to have essentially spent money on an expansion pack that isn't flexible and breaks how I play my game. I don't play many other games but think I need a break from The Sims 4. I know it's 'just a game' but am genuinely disheartened, pathetic I know but I was so so excited for this pack. More than I'd be for a long time.
Message 24 of 37 (1,180 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@siirysiir School is only 4 weeks total. Meaning that on Long span, teens do not continue going to school after those 4 weeks. At least, not for me, and I tried multiple times with multiple different teens. So for the rest of the Long lifespan, they just exist. No school, but can't get a full time job, can't go to college already as a teen, etc. It feels like if you managed to get a mod to stop teens from going to school entirely, like something for a Rags to Riches for them or something. But this isn't a mod, it's apparently an "as intended feature" of the new pack... Even when it makes literally zero sense.
Message 25 of 37 (1,135 Views)

Prom, Prom, and more Prom

★ Novice

I just recently bought the High School Pack, and after finding out that the prom every weekend was NOT a bug, I got a little.....miffed. Now, I understand it's for players that go with short life spans, but I myself, and I'm sure many others do as well, play long lifespans. From my point of view, it just doesn't make sense. And after the four weekends in a row of prom, prom, prom, the rest of the calendar is empty, except for the normal holidays/festivals. There's not a single prom, football game, etc. Please, please consider fixing this EA. Unfortunately, I cannot refund this pack, so it's the least you can do for us players. Please.

Message 26 of 37 (1,110 Views)

★ Guide
@PugLove888 I know it's four years. But I have a feeling the age grouping's vary from state to state hence you get preparatory high-schools which cover 17-18 year olds which then means normal high school covers 13-16 year olds. Don't worry, It's just like it down here in Australia. In most states/territories high school is from ages 13-18 but in the ACT, high school is 13-16 years old then you go to either senior college (17-18 years old) or CIT (Kind of like a community college) depending on what you want to do after school.
Message 27 of 37 (1,042 Views)

★ Guide

I'm back and i can't say why i was away (against TOS). Glad to see this is still being discussed. I can only put the game high school schedule down to two things - either they (the developers) plan on expanding on childhood in a future pack (something i've said before) or those extra two weeks are there on purpose for one of two reasons which both tie into each other  - 1) it represents the "leave" gap some teens take between High school and college/University to "explore and experience" or 2) it gives us time to develop skills (max out focused skills and further develop those skills we've neglected for whatever reason) and further strengthen relationships. Either way, the tie in is that we can do those things in #2 anyway during those two weeks. The only other possibility for the extra two weeks is maybe the scouts/extra curricular groups schedule? Having never played that particular angle, I can't say.

Message 28 of 37 (1,039 Views)

★★★ Guide

It is by design to inform young adults and adults that prom is happening EVERY WEEK...

The most obvious solution to this mess is to lett us delete calender events because most of them are just annoying.

Message 29 of 37 (997 Views)

★ Guide
Seriously, though. This would get repetitive and annoying. I play on normal span but it’s customized to make it longer (because I got hit with the aging bug that’s supposed to have been fixed, but it wasn’t). Even in households with no teenagers, I’m encouraged to click on the calendar because the yellow notification dots want to alert me that prom is every single week. If I’m playing a household with no teens or children, this shouldn’t concern me tbh. Would be kind of strange for a 26-year-old to show up to Prom, don’t you think? Indeed some kind of Sims Groundhog Day. Maybe someone should do an LP.
Message 30 of 37 (916 Views)