[FAQ] Why don't my expansion packs transfer between platforms?

by jadecapybara

Original Post

Re: How can i transfer expansion packs from my ps4 to my pc

★★★ Newbie

1 CD to 700$+ on expansion packs over 6 or so years. a bit different 

Message 61 of 368 (2,111 Views)

Buying Packs for Mac and PS4.

★★★★★ Novice

I've been trying to find an answer for this, but I can't seem to find an answer mainly because my question is kind of complicated. 

I have Sims 4 downloaded on my Mac, and my younger siblings have Sims 4 downloaded, (not through the same account, I believe Origin is not needed to launch games on PS4, so no account is needed?).

I am thinking of buying/downloading all packs for the Sims 4 (eventually). I don't want to pay twice for packs on both the PS4 and on my Mac, so is there any way of buying the packs for one platform, say I go instore buy a pack for PS4, is there a chance I can also download the same pack, without paying for it? Or if there is a way for me to download the packs on Origin Mac; and be able to get the packs on PS4? 

I know this might be complicated, but an answer would be much appreciated. 

Thank you! 

Message 62 of 368 (1,735 Views)

Re: Buying Packs for Mac and PS4.

★★★★ Guide

Unfortunately this is not possible - I have all the games on the PC but I know if I want to play on the PS4 that I would need to rebuy them.

Message 63 of 368 (1,708 Views)

Re: Buying Packs for Mac and PS4.

Champion

@sofuuuh@Coley666 is correct.  You would have to buy the game and any packs you wanted twice if you want to play them on both platforms.  And even if you do that, the games wouldn't sync up , so if you make a household on one platform and started to play them, the other platform wouldn't have the same save file available to it.  Also, if you want to use any Custom Content (CC) or Mods, those would only be allowed on the PC version anyway, as Sony and Microsoft have not agreed yet to allow CC/Mods for their versions of TS4. 

If you can only play on one platform, it is better to play on a Mac or PC. You will get all of your updates (including bug fixes and free content) faster buy playing on a Mac or PC anyway!   I hear it is also easier to build on a Mac or PC. Wink

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 64 of 368 (1,673 Views)

If I bought the sims 4 for ps4 digital can I transfer it to a Mac

★★★ Newbie

If I bought the sims 4 for ps4 digital could I transfer that over to a Mac book

Message 65 of 368 (1,694 Views)

Re: If I bought the sims 4 for ps4 digital can I transfer it to a Mac

★★★ Guide
@Ellabug27 The console and computer versions of the game are separate products. You need to buy the Mac version to play on that.
Message 66 of 368 (1,545 Views)

xbox to PC

★★★ Newbie

I would like to transfer my sims 4 expansion packs and games to my laptop. i have brought them all on xbox and want to transfer them so i can get cc and would be easier please can you find away so i can.

Message 67 of 368 (1,497 Views)

Re: xbox to PC

★★★★★ Apprentice

Unfortunately The Sims Games and Expansion/Game/Stuff packs are platform specific. You cannot transfer a console game to PC or in your case a laptop. You would have to buy the PC versions of The Sims 4 and expansion packs etc to be able to play them on your laptop.

I'm really confused as to why this is such a common question and why people are frustrated with EA for not making their games to be able to play on console and PC from one version. It is kind of impossible to do so as the console and PC are very different and other games are do not work like that either. I cannot play Red Dead Redemption I have for xbox on my PC..it just doesn't work like that and it never has as far as I know. You can play game pass games on windows 10, but I don't think Game Pass has added The Sims 4 yet? I don't even know how game pass works on windows 10 yet as I have game pass for xbox only and don't want to spend the extra $10 dollars or so for game pass on my laptop because I am cheap. xD

Message 68 of 368 (1,629 Views)

Re: xbox to PC

Champion

@EmilyJasmine1, just like @xJaimerTheGamerx stated, this is something that isn't unique to the Sims 4.  This is something that I have even seen in the music industry.  I had originally bought a vinyl album and then had to upgrade to a cassette tape, and then a CD, and then 3MP, etc.  (My siblings even had 8-track tapes to contend with as well).Disappointed The same albums had to be purchased multiple times if we wanted to play them on different platforms. Frown  That is just the way life is sometimes! Raised eyebrow

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 69 of 368 (1,611 Views)

Re: sims 4 transfer expansion packs

★★★ Novice

What about transferring my PS4 Sims 4 packs from my PS4 account to my EA account?

P.S. My PS4 account is linked to my EA account. Would USB chipping work much less be legal?

Message 70 of 368 (1,598 Views)