Re: DLC' can they transfer to xbox from pc

by SheriGR

Original Post

Re: DLC' can they transfer to xbox from pc

[ Edited ]
Champion

@mcgoldberger Unfortunately the base game and all packs are platform specific on The Sims 4 and are not interchangeable.

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 121 of 366 (773 Views)

Why are Console and PC packs different for Sims 4?

★★★★ Novice

I have Sims 4 available for PC through Origin with a large amount of packs already purchased

I only recently downloaded Sims 4 for Xbox to play a vanilla game until I can get a new laptop to play on

I just had the option to connect my EA account to it, and did so..

So I have some a couple questions:

1. Will all my pc packs still be available and counted as purchased when I go back to playing on pc?

And 2. WHY are the console and pc versions of the packs different? I know that the base games are considered different but WHY is that??

Message 122 of 366 (890 Views)

Re: Why are Console and PC packs different for Sims 4?

Hero (Retired)

@EmoKawaiiChibi I've merged your post into the thread for this. Packs do not transfer between platforms. You have to purchase packs for each platform separately.

Message 123 of 366 (882 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'm already aware that the packs do not transfer. Stating so answers neither of my questions 🤦‍♂️

My questions are: does linking my xbox to my ea account affect my pc packs

And WHY are the packs considered different between console and pc 

Message 124 of 366 (876 Views)

@EmoKawaiiChibi  Having your accounts linked should not affect your owned content, or really anything in your Origin library.  Many people have linked accounts, and I've never heard of anyone losing their content because of it.

The PC/Mac and console versions of the game are treated separately because Microsoft and Sony want their cuts, and EA doesn't want to lose the full share it gets for Origin sales.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 125 of 366 (866 Views)

Re: purchased side packs on pc, can i transfer purchases to my linked ps4 accoun

★★★★★ Newbie
@Captain-smitty23 its EA, we all know they do anything to suck our money out of our bank accounts, i have 4 EXPANSION PACKS on ps4 because i didnt have a good PC, and now i do and i cant play them
Message 126 of 366 (846 Views)

Re: How can i transfer expansion packs from my ps4 to my pc

★★★★★ Newbie
@PugLove888 Some people WAMTED to play TS4 on PC, but simply didn’t have the means to. I know because I’m one of them. I did not have the money to buy a gaming pc and/or the game. Now that I do, I would like to have the packs which I bought. I think it is reasonable enough for packs to carry from console to PC, but not the other way around.
Message 127 of 366 (847 Views)

Re: purchased side packs on pc, can i transfer purchases to my linked ps4 accoun

★★★★ Novice

nothing is stopping EA from allowing the transference process of DLC as it's been done on MMORPG since the ps3 era.  It's only greed that is preventing them from allowing such. 

Message 128 of 366 (814 Views)

Sims 4 on different devices

★★★ Newbie

I am unhappy because I had sims on pc and bought 4 packs but I can’t play on pc so bought it on PS4 and connected my ea account but none of my packs have showed because “it doesn’t work across other devices” ( I think is stupid that it doesn’t) and can’t even get a refund 

Message 129 of 366 (804 Views)

Re: Sims 4 on different devices

★★★ Guide
@BeccaW06 Sims 4 does not, has not and will not transfer between PC (or Mac) and console. They are different platforms.
Message 130 of 366 (889 Views)