Re: Playing with packs on different devices

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Help

★★★ Newbie

I used to play sims 4 on my mac laptop and bought lots of packs. I play on xbox now, and connected my account. None of the packs I used to have are there. How do I get them on my xbox without having to buy them again????

Message 101 of 366 (929 Views)

Re: Help

Champion

@CandyCat230 , I'm sorry to tell you but you can't.. Devil  The platforms are not compatible. Microsoft and Sony have agreed to carry the game, and they want their share of the profits too, or else they would never have allowed the game to be played on their consoles.Raised eyebrow

So, much like I had a vinyl record album of my favorite band, and then had to buy a cassette tape of the same album and then a CD, and then mp3, all of the same exact album, so it is with the same game on different platforms. Disappointed

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 102 of 366 (901 Views)

Sims 4 question

★★ Newbie

I have a EA account on my xbox and the Sims 4 game cd (for xbox)  from Best Buy. I wanted to ask- since I have a EA account and I own the sims 4 cd, does that mean I have it on all platforms as well or no? It may sound like a dumb question, but I'm new to this.

Message 103 of 366 (850 Views)

Re: Sims 4 question

@HAREBEARS  No, sorry, you can't use your content on any platform other than XBox.  The PC/Mac and console versions are considered separate games in many ways, and if you want to play on PC, you'll need to rebuy the game specifically for PC.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 104 of 366 (838 Views)

Re: How can i transfer expansion packs from my ps4 to my pc

★★★ Newbie

No, sir. You're talking hardware and here we're discussing software. The equivalent would be buying an album digitally in itunes to play it on your Mac PC and then having to buy it again in iTunes to play it on your Windows PC. They develop the application (the game), they can definitely make it work in any system. They just didn't do this so you HAVE to spend more money... Period. Many online games allow you to carry items over different platforms, TS4 just doesn't. That's all. Greedy dirty tactics... 

Message 105 of 366 (1,050 Views)

Playing with packs on different devices

★★★ Newbie

If I sign into my EA account on my Xbox and get a expansion pack can I sign into my EA account on my computer and play it or no?

Message 106 of 366 (716 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Playing with packs on different devices

@lfcharm  Nope, sorry, packs don't transfer between console and PC/Mac.  If you want to play on your PC, you'll need to buy the content again.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 107 of 366 (875 Views)

Re: How can i transfer expansion packs from my ps4 to my pc

★★★ Newbie

Every where’s I looked it said you can’t. And that Me too link didn’t work for me cuz I didn’t have to enter a pass or email on the PS4🤦🏼‍♀️

Message 108 of 366 (903 Views)

How can I transfer the sims 4 from xbox one to PC?

★★ Novice

Hi, I really want to transfer my the sims from xbox (one S) to my computer (laptop).

Can you help me? 

Please.

Message 109 of 366 (833 Views)

Re: How can I transfer the sims 4 from xbox one to PC?

Champion (Retired)

@Gabigirl02 

That is not possible. The two platforms are not compatible.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 110 of 366 (829 Views)