Re: Sims 4 dlc transfer

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Sims 4 dlc transfer

★ Novice

Hello, if I bought a dlc on orgin for the sims 4 would I be able to use that on my ps4 sims? Or will I have to buy the dlc all over again for ps4? 

Message 51 of 362 (12,131 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Sims 4 dlc transfer

@Slomey_l   Unfortunately, the packs you bought wouldn't transfer from PC/Mac to console, or vice versa.  Even though the game plays essentially the same on all platforms, the two versions are considered distinct games in many ways, including what content you own.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 52 of 362 (12,110 Views)

i bought some packs on sims console and was wondering if i had to re buy them if

★★★ Newbie

I have the sims 4 on console and bought packs on there. I was wondering if I had to re buy them if I wanted to play on pc.

Message 53 of 362 (3,224 Views)

Re: i bought some packs on sims console and was wondering if i had to re buy the

Champion

@tamezcua83 Unfortunately the console Sims 4 game and packs are not interchangeable with PC/Mac games and packs.

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 54 of 362 (3,210 Views)

How to get Sims 4 account from xbox onto MacBook Air.

★★★ Newbie

Hello! So I have a question about the sims 4 on an xbox and the transferring part of that. I have sims 4 on my xbox I have the CD of it and I also have two pack on my xbox. I also have the Sims 4 on my MacBook Air which I play on all the time but I got it for free because there was a sale. My question is that I would like to know how or if it is possible if I can get my packs from my xbox account onto my MacBook Air. Or at least get the account from my sims 4 on my Xbox onto my MacBook so I can play it on my MacBook. I really want to put my packs onto my computer and I just got it on my computer a couple months after I got my packs. I love playing on my computer and I enjoy playing it on my computer but I really would like to play with my packs because I am getting kinda sad I can not get my packs onto my computer. I tried almost everything I could find to try and get my account/packs from my xbox onto my MacBook Air. I did so much research and I looked so hard and I just can't do it. I have been trying for a couple months now and I really want it onto my MacBook so I thought if I could not find a way to then maybe EA could help me. Thank you so much it would mean a lot if I could get those packs onto my MacBook because I play on my MacBook everyday which I mean it's kind of a waste of those packs if I can not play them on the device I play on the most. Thank you!

Message 55 of 362 (3,214 Views)

Re: How to get Sims 4 account from xbox onto MacBook Air.

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Hello there @strangermal11 

The Game and the packs are platform specific, so unfortunately they can't be transferred to a PC.

Here is the Sims 4 FAQ. (Frequently Asked Questions)

Happy Gaming and Stay Safe!

-Rare

Edit: Credits: @Holger1405 

Message 56 of 362 (3,206 Views)

Re: How can i transfer expansion packs from my ps4 to my pc

★★★ Newbie

If I log in to another console with the same account do I still get my expansion packs on the Sims 4?

Message 57 of 362 (3,613 Views)

Re: How can i transfer expansion packs from my ps4 to my pc

Hero (Retired)

@jarodrohrbach23 Any packs you purchased on your account can be redownloaded on a different console using your account provided they are the same platform you purchased the game and packs in. Meaning PC to PC, Xbox to Xbox, or PS4 to PS4 will transfer. 

Message 58 of 362 (3,584 Views)

tranfer from ps4 to pc

★★★ Newbie

So I just bought a gaming laptop not to long ago and I have started playing Sims again on my PS4 but would rather have it on my new laptop so I can use mods and overall have more fun with the game. However, I have seen that you do not offer a transfer from console to PC because it is two different versions of the game. Would EA be able to refund me my game and expansion packs on PS4 so i could buy them on my laptop. If not, is there any possible way that I wouldn't have to re-buy all of my expansion packs for the game on PC or would i need to contact someone else?

Message 59 of 362 (3,136 Views)

Re: Why don't my expansion packs transfer between platforms

@Kaibowles123  I've merged your post with the master thread on this issue.

There's no way to get even part of your content transferred over to PC, nor will EA give you a refund.  Since you bought the console content for PS4, you'd need to ask Sony for a refund, not EA, and it's unlikely Sony would be that generous.

If you wait for sales (there's one going on now), you might still pay significantly less than full price.  I know it's not what you're looking for, but it's better than nothing.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 60 of 362 (3,114 Views)