Re: Why don't my expansion packs transfer between platforms

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

@Captain-smitty23  I've merged your post with a master thread on this same issue, in the Sims 4 general discussion forum.

The Windows/macOS version of the game is considered separate from each console version, so no, you won't be able to transfer your packs from PC to console.  This is common  in games that run on multiple platforms, exceptions notwithstanding.  In this case, Sony undoubtedly wants its share of the proceeds from the sale of any PS4-enabled packs, and EA isn't going to pay Sony for your right to play on your console.

As for playing on the TV, find yourself an HDMI cable and plug the TV in like a monitor.  Most models support HDMI, as do most graphics cards.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 41 of 366 (13,520 Views)

Re: How can i transfer expansion packs from my ps4 to my pc

★ Novice

I have had a similar problem i have been unable to play sims 4 on my laptop since the new update, my pc doesn't work with it anymore i rang ea and they said i would have to bu a more expensive laptop so on top of spending over 200 pounds over the last 3-4 years i know nees to buy a new laptop so my boyfriend let me download it on his PlayStation and i thought the expansions would be om there and there not thats ridiculous so i either have to spend hundreds on a new laptop or re buy. Getting to the point where i want to boycott sims because of there just all about money now its ridiculous how expensive it is now and that there updating it and cutting out laptop types with no warning its worked on my laptop for over 3 years and then boom crashing and not loading

Message 42 of 366 (5,089 Views)

Re: How can i transfer expansion packs from my ps4 to my pc

@jesscat1997  Since Sims 4 used to run on your laptop but doesn't anymore, it's possible the problem can be fixed, or at least managed well enough so you can play again.  If you'd like to troubleshoot, please create a new post describing the symptoms in more detail, and add some information about your computer.  For Windows, please post in the PC tech section and include a dxdiag:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/bd-p/The-Sims-4

For macOS, please post in the Mac section and include the full specs of your Mac, including operating system, as described here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting...

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/bd-p/The-Sims-Mac

Message 43 of 366 (5,077 Views)

Playing origin games on Mac book but want it on ps4 pro

★★★ Newbie

I have bought sims 4 and bundle packs off origin on my Mac book. Is there any way that I can play it on my new PS4 pro?

Message 44 of 366 (13,487 Views)
Highlighted

@Chynna_jaide  I've merged your post with the master thread on this issue.  No, there's no way to transfer the PC/Mac version of the game to either console, or vice versa.  If you want to play on your PS4, you'll need to buy your content again.

Message 45 of 366 (13,456 Views)

Expansion packs I own on Xbox transferred to PC?

★ Novice

So, I made an EA account about a year and a half ago. And I bought the sims 4 for xbox one. So, I went ahead and bought a few expansion packs, and I recently decided that I want to buy the Sims 4 for PC. Is it possible I can use those expansion packs that I bought for the PC?

I just joined this thread a while ago, please bare with me if I'm doing anything wrong.

Message 46 of 366 (4,519 Views)

Re: Expansion packs I own on Xbox transferred to PC?

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@VeiiA_IIXX

Unfortunately games for the console are not transferable to PC and vice versa.
Not the answer you wanted to hear I am sure.
The good news is there are usually some great bundles available along with frequent sales to save you some money.

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 47 of 366 (4,507 Views)

★ Novice

Thank you so much! It is a shame though. But, these bundle you were talking about, you can buy them through ea or somewhere else?

Message 48 of 366 (4,504 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@VeiiA_IIXX wrote:

Thank you so much! It is a shame though. But, these bundle you were talking about, you can buy them through ea or somewhere else?

Best to buy thru the EA / Origin website.
https://www.origin.com/usa/en-us/store/build-a-bundle/sims4
Once you have the base game on PC the sales will show up on the launcher.
Feel free to come back to this forum with additional questions. That is why we are here.

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 49 of 366 (4,495 Views)

★ Novice

It really is dumb. I have over $200 worth of sims expansion and stuff on PC and recently got the base game on my xbox one. And the additional packs are so expensive because EA just wants money

Message 50 of 366 (4,382 Views)