Re: I used to play on PC

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Re: How can i transfer expansion packs from my ps4 to my pc

Champion

@Mikabug707, yes, you would have to buy them all again. That is the way that a lot of media is.Raised eyebrow  I have a vinyl album from one of my favorite bands that I purchased when I was 12 ,  and had to get a copy in a cassette tape, and then buy one in a CD, and then MP3... it goes on and on.  The same exact album , but if I want to access them on different platforms, then I have to buy the music on media for all those platforms I want to play it on.Disappointed  Such is life! Devil

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 21 of 366 (43,343 Views)

Re: How can i transfer expansion packs from my ps4 to my pc

★★★ Novice
@PugLove888 Yes well it is frustrating but i guess that does make sense thank you!
Message 22 of 366 (43,335 Views)

Re: The sims 4

[ Edited ]
Hero

@FlummoxAngel Merging this with another thread on this.

Unfortunately, different platform is like it's a different game. That's the case for most games.

EDIT: Exception for Sims 3/4 is that PC and Mac both can be interchanged but not the console versions

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 23 of 366 (3,970 Views)

Sims 4 expansion pack transfer

★ Novice

Hello when i started playing sims 4 it was on pc so i bought some expansion packs through origin but now i can only play sims 4 on my xbox but the expansion packs arent transferable so i think that ea should make that an option or give the player who had to switch consoles a code to the expansion packs they already bought through origin not packs they bought after they switched but the ones they already had when they switched. That way people will be more sastified and dont have to re buy packs they already bought

Message 24 of 366 (3,956 Views)

Re: Sims 4 expansion pack transfer

[ Edited ]
Hero

@jerseygirl2121 I merged your post with the Master Thread on this.

No, unfortunately, packs on different platforms can't be mixed. There's different companies behind them (EA, Sony, Microsoft) who all want their share.

EDIT: Exception for Sims 3/4 is that PC and Mac both can be interchanged but not the console versions

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 25 of 366 (3,291 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

What's worse. Sims 4 is now free on PSPLUS. (February, along with Bioshock 1,2,3 and Firewall Zero Hour for PSVR)

Message 26 of 366 (3,260 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@masterpl2k6, the Sims 4 is not for free no matter what platform you play on.  There was a limited time promotion last year that gave the base game away for free, but that was almost a year ago.  Most people who have the game had to pay for it. Raised eyebrow

Message 27 of 366 (3,254 Views)

Champion

Sorry about that!Oops  I just now got the news that it is being offered on PS Plus for free!  I hadn't heard that they were doing that! Raised eyebrow

Message 28 of 366 (3,247 Views)

I used to play on PC

★ Novice

I used to play on PC. Now I've downloaded it on PS4. I spent a lot of money on PC and have almost every single pack. I don't want to have to spend loads again. Can't it just transfer through my EA account?

Message 29 of 366 (3,607 Views)
Highlighted

Re: I used to play on PC

[ Edited ]

@mysticmegg1101  No, sorry, there's no way to transfer content between PC and console.  The two versions of Sims 4 are considered different games in many ways, including with respect to owned content.  If you want to use your packs on your PS4, you'll have to buy them a second time.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 30 of 366 (3,592 Views)