Re: Xbox one/PlayStation 4 add-ons, buy once?

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Accidentally bought dlc online for pc instead of ps4

★★★★★ Newbie

I need assistance 

Message 11 of 366 (12,305 Views)

Re: Accidentally bought dlc online for pc instead of ps4

Hero (Retired)

@acartman2  Depending on where you purchased the online DLC for PC, you will need to speak to the vendor you made your purchase through to get a refund.

Message 12 of 366 (12,289 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@PoptartJuniper on the EA website more specifically Origin I didnt know it was for pc only
Message 13 of 366 (12,273 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@acartman2  You can follow this link to request a refund. https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/?product=origin&platform=pc&category=orders&issue=request-refund

The site says 

Return eligible EA and third party titles bought on Origin for a full refund using our tool.

You can make a refund request:

• Within 24 hours after you first launch the game.
  • Within 14 days from the day you bought it, if you have not launched the game.
  • Within 14 days from the release date if you pre-ordered the game, if you have not launched the game

We cannot assist with returns for purchases made outside of Origin. Origin Access (Basic and Premier) subscriptions are not refundable.

Message 14 of 366 (12,248 Views)

Re: How can i transfer expansion packs from my ps4 to my pc

★★★★ Novice

So what you are saying is even if we bought the PACKS on ps4  and have it connected to our ORIGIN account we lose ALL of the PACKS we BOUGHT on ps4? We are NOT asking if they are cross plat form we want to know if SIMS 4 is being money greedy. Why would anyone want to BUY ALL the PACKS again if they already did ONCE.

Message 15 of 366 (53,961 Views)

Champion

@FallenRavenBlood, what few people realize is that having the Sims on consoles is a collaboration between 3 companies, EA, Sony, & Microsoft.  TS4 was out for years before it was available for consoles. People who had the game on discs for the PC/Mac still wouldn't' be able to use those on consoles anyway! Disappointed Only downloaded games would work.  Also, since so many people already had the game on PC, it would have been disastrous for Sony PS4 and Microsoft Xbox if the PC/Mac games would be directly available on consoles.  They would loose tons of money, and would never have agreed to such a collaboration in the first place. Therefore TS4 would never have been available on consoles.  The best that could happen would have been a separate console game that would bear the same name, but not actually be the same game (as had been done in the past with TS2 and TS3). But the actual TS4 wouldn't be on consoles, as it wouldn't be fair to Sony and Microsoft .  

Also, I think many people figured that if someone who owned an Xbox of PS4 wanted to paly on a computer, they would have done so already, when the game was only available on computer.  Many assumed that console players just didn't want to play on a computer in the first place.Raised eyebrow  The game was out for several years, so they had plenty of opportunity to do so.  Many people thought that having TS4 on consoles was opening up the world of the Sims to people who would never want to play on a computer in the first place. So that console players now want to play on a PC after they can play on a console (and not before when they couldn't ) is puzzling to many people. Wondering

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 16 of 366 (53,938 Views)

Xbox one/PlayStation 4 add-ons, buy once?

★★★ Newbie

If we have the same EA account for Sims 4 on Xbox one and PlayStation 4 shouldn't we be able to only buy the add-ons once?

Message 17 of 366 (14,338 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Xbox one/PlayStation 4 add-ons, buy once?

@Smallville8938  No, sorry, packs don't transfer between the two consoles, or between console and PC/Mac.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 18 of 366 (14,322 Views)

The sims 4

★★★★ Novice

So I've just recently got the sims 4 on pc after playing on ps4 for many years. And I'm a little confused on why none of my packs are showing up on pc even though I am logged into the same account. I Think that's annoying that I'd have to buy every pack all over again on pc. Because I mean, it is pretty boring just playing base game. I've already spent $200+ on ps4 and I would hate to have to spend that much more... again. Would it be possible for that to change in anyway? I don't know if this is a common complaint but I feel I'd be much better if it were that way. I think it is literal BS that I'd have to buy that ALLL OVER AGAIN. 

Message 19 of 366 (53,433 Views)

★★★ Novice

you have to remember the price difference on a gaming pc and a console i started on xbox because it was the most affordable option at the time and i purchased all of the sims 4 dlcs on xbox now that i have grown and matured i have been able to get the money to afford a gaming pc which can be 2 to 3 times more expensive so what you are saying is there is no way to transfer all of the dlcs from my xbox to my pc? So i must buy all of them again?

Message 20 of 366 (53,454 Views)