Re: Why does this seem wrong?

by crinrict

Original Post

Why does this seem wrong?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

To be rejected a refund for a recent purchase?

Backstory: I bought Tiny Living on Sunday evening, and wasn't at all happy with it. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to catch EA's customer service during their working hours in time (their work hours clash with mine), and when I finally had time on Wednesday @ noon to contact them, their rep said they can't refund the game. Mind you, I hadn't played the game since Sunday night (4/19 evening).

Sure, the game is $10.66. But it's $10.66 better spent on a pack that I like.

The most they could do was uninstall it for me (which I appreciate), but they still couldn't refund it.

Doesn't that seem a little ...off? It's my first-ever refund. Can't EA make one exception for this first time refund? The rep was adamant about not refunding it. Admittedly, I wasn't aware of their policy when purchasing the pack, but I tried EA daily until I could finally reach them hardly 60 hours after playing the game!

Isn't there something I can do to get my money back or begin an exchange? It's still not even a week after my purchase. They still have my $10.66.

Thanks for listening.

Message 1 of 2 (226 Views)

Re: Why does this seem wrong?

Hero
@sketchur The problem with packs that they are as DLC not covered by the refund policy. It's not a matter about how long you had the pack. Even if you had reached them right away, it would have depended on the good will of the rep if you can get a refund or not.

You can try them again. Maybe you get another rep that's more willing. Good arguments are also important (like this and this feature doesn't work properly vs. I just don't like it)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 2 (177 Views)